PDA

View Full Version : Emag problem

yoshemag
10-17-2002, 05:55 PM
I just bought a new emag. It worked fine for about 100 dry fires. I filled up a flatline 68 3000 psi and fired some paint. It worked ok for a few shots and then it began to sputter, both in e and m modes. Now, when I gas it up (fresh filled tank 850 psi)I hear a click. If i pull the trigger I might get a tiny sputter and click. If I push the bolt back with a squegee, it will click back into position. Then I pull the trigger the bolt just clicks. I have tried adjusting the pressure regulator- no change. Once it is gassed up, I can't get the pressure out unless I unscrew the rear thumb-nut and remove it from the power feed.
I bought a level 10, tried to install it, but can't because the gun won't fire. I am stumped please help.

Havoc_online
10-17-2002, 06:29 PM
when you first install the level 10, you have to turn up the velocity till it fires reliably.

yoshemag
10-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Turning up the velocity didn't work. I tried it until it vented out the rear. Thanks, though. I also want to isolate the problem, and try and get it to work, before installing the level 10. I think this would narrow down my problem. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Again, when I gas up my emag, it'll click like normal, but when I pull the trigger it just clicks-no air leak, no shot, no nothing..????? It happens in both e & m modes. Thanks for your help.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Havoc_online
10-18-2002, 01:25 PM
ok, give the details of your current set-up.

is your bolt bumper in good shape?

are your trigger magnets still in place?

have you adjusted anything like the trigger rod or plunger rod? is the e clip and nut secure on the plunger rod? when the marker isnt gassed, does the plunger slide up and down easy with no catches(you can move it with a screw driver)?

check your on/off pin, is it ok? do you have anything to measure how long it is(calipers)? does your on/off have the black quad o'ring?

yoshemag
10-18-2002, 02:52 PM
The gun is brand new. I haven't changed anything. I have a 68 flatline 3000, and have tried using it between 600 and 850 psi. The bolt bumper looks fine. Its clear, no tears, slightly oiled.The trigger magnet looks a little bit crooked, but i don't think its affecting anything. With the valve completely removed, I can push softly on the rear of the sear mechanism with an allen wrench(where the on off pin makes contact with the sear unit), to make as if the the trigger is gassed up. When I do this in Emode i can feel the trigger working properly, as it quicly pops up and down.

I have not messed with the trigger or plunger at all. I can't seem to remove the trigger mechanism from the frame.Do I have to rmove it from the rail to get it out of the grip frame? When looking through the side grip panel, The e clip seems secure. The nut and washer on the threading attached to the plunger is not touching against the plunger. Its kinda just sitting there looking useless on the thread.The plunger seems to be working fine though.

The on off pin looks fine. It has a black oring surrounded by a white one. The pin measures .072 in.

Any ideas? Thank you

paul2415
10-21-2002, 01:44 AM
HI - MAKE SURE YOUR FIELD STRIP SCREWE IS NOT TOO TIGHT.HAND TIGHT ONLY,AS THIS CAN CAUSE THE GUN NOT TO FIRE.:) :) :) :) :)

lamby
10-28-2002, 10:10 AM
I was having major bolt stick issues with my LX when I first gassed it, I was using the 1.5 carrier and the medium spring. I put in the small spring and then all was good. after the o-ring broke in, I can use diffeent springs for indoor or outdoor with out any other problems.

yoshemag
10-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I couldn't get anything to work. I had the problem before trying the level 10, so that wasn't the problem. I gave up and sent it to AGD. There must be something wrong with it, as I think I have a pretty good understanding of AGD mechanics. This is not my first mag.

I will post the reason and fix for my problem after I get my emag back from the AGD techs with an explanation.

Thanks again