PDA

View Full Version : does feed type matter

Brak
10-17-2002, 06:45 PM
i was wondering if the types of feed matter THAT much? im probably getting an autococker, but i dont know what kind of feed it is. so i wanna ask if the feed matters very much in the chopping/BPS factors.

EDIT: please dont tell me that "autocockers sux0r n0 matter what feed it is". i really want to find out

Remington
10-17-2002, 06:50 PM
I have a mag if your interested. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53580 PM me.

FutureMagOwner
10-17-2002, 06:58 PM
lol

i recommend vert feed by far you dont really have chopping problems on cockers(normally) or more feeding problems then normal so the balence of vert feed and that you dont need elbows(normally) is a big plus IMO

petefol
10-17-2002, 07:03 PM
the only problem ive heard about the left or right feed is that there harder to sell if you ever want a different gun

shartley
10-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes, the elbow issue is about the only thing that bothers me with powerfeeds. I wish they had made them with the correct bend already ON the feed. I know this would involve more work, but it would be a God send.

But I DO like being able to twist the plug and use that to stop balls from entering the marker.

big E kingpin
10-17-2002, 07:37 PM
my cocker has a power feed, that cn be unbolted and fliped upside down, so i can run a warp hosestraight to it, its just on the wrong side of the gun so the hose runs infront of the trigger. if i ever get one of those new fangdangled cameras ill take a picture, i like the way it works very much

Mossman
10-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Shartley and others, while elbows are annoying, nothing is worse than an ill fitting hopper in a too loose/tight feed tube. NOTHING IS WORSE!
:)

Brak
10-17-2002, 07:44 PM
your getting off subject here. could one of you just answer my questions with fact and not opinions please? (no offense, reading what you guys have to say is fun..)

Mossman
10-17-2002, 07:46 PM
VF is supposed to feed faster,not a huge amount, maybe 1-2 bps. Mostly its looks, resale value, and balance.

shartley
10-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Brak
your getting off subject here. could one of you just answer my questions with fact and not opinions please? (no offense, reading what you guys have to say is fun..)
Actually what you wanted to know is largely opinion. And if you read the posts your question has been answered.

Depending on what you want out of your marker, how you want it set up, etc. will determine if you want VF or not. It is that simple.

Is it needed for the cocker? Probably not. What is your playing style? What do you want to do with your marker? What is your preference with balance and hopper positioning?

I hope that better helps you. But like I said, your question was pretty much already answered…. The part that really matters now is on your end. ;)

Mossman
10-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Shartley, are you meaning to say powerfeed or right feed?

chances are the cocker he is getting is RF.

Basically, it will cost you less but you will be able to sell it for less. Some people despise right feeds and would rather a stock VF to a RF with 500 bucks in upgrades.

shartley
10-17-2002, 07:56 PM
I don’t know what I am trying to say… I am tired. LOL Daddy needs sleep!!!!! ;)

How about this… Go Vertical…. Like it, love it, I want more of it……. Oops sorry, flashbacks again…..

;)

How about this... I will change what I wrote to VF.. it will still mean the same as what it does now. :D

Ov3rmind
10-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I hate powerfeed and sidefeed: I hate elbows, I hate how the hopper sticks out to one side, and I hate how bad the resale is on RF Cockers.

I can't stand anything else but vertical. There are no elbows to deal with, your hopper is nice and centered, and I can stay a little more compact when snap shooting. That's one reason why I'm still waiting for AGD to release a low rise VF Mag Classic body (A SS one, could care less about Cocker threads or the twist 'n lock method).