PDA

View Full Version : When Will it be tru?

DTang
10-18-2002, 03:32 AM
I hear in the near future all mags will come with cocker threads, aluminum bodies, lvl10's, and angel thread feedtubes standard. Thats alot to ask for, how much of it is actually true?:confused:

LawFox32
10-18-2002, 06:57 AM
once tom gets the Extremes into full swing, then alluminum main-bodies will be in the processes w/ cocker threads and probably angelfeed tubes; and also all mags I beleive will in the future have level tens stock.

RamboPreacher
10-18-2002, 07:33 AM
I personally don't get it...
Did cocker threaded barrels become some kind of standard? Threaded feeds? how can you screw a RH/LH PF in the marker body? CF=yuck. and personally, I like brass better than aluminium - down with anodizing, up with plating!

Sledgehammer
10-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Brass????

Where the hell is brass in the Automag (apart fom the on/off top and the powertube tip???

FactsOfLife
10-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
I personally don't get it...
Did cocker threaded barrels become some kind of standard? Threaded feeds? how can you screw a RH/LH PF in the marker body? CF=yuck. and personally, I like brass better than aluminium - down with anodizing, up with plating!

mmmmmm matte nickle plating....

dropkick1
10-18-2002, 08:04 AM
nice quote facts, snatch is a sweet movie(seen it like 50 million times), but yeah, if u want aluminum bodies, why not just get a micromag?

ken

Scootyd
10-18-2002, 08:32 AM
You don't get a micro-mag because their customer service is ill and airguns service is spot on.

cphilip
10-18-2002, 08:43 AM
Dtang, all of it's true and pretty soon!

Why Cocker threads? Heck you all asked for it! Thats why! And its the most widely available barrel out there.

Micro Mag instead? well yes but in this case you get removable feed tube and some options on Milling. None of that with a Micro Mag.

Center Feed? Was an issue before lvl 10. Much more practical now. HL or HR? No you are not going to get a choice as its too hard to make em that way at first.

ah137
10-18-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Dtang, all of it's true and pretty soon!

Why Cocker threads? Heck you all asked for it! Thats why! And its the most widely available barrel out there.

Micro Mag instead? well yes but in this case you get removable feed tube and some options on Milling. None of that with a Micro Mag.

Center Feed? Was an issue before lvl 10. Much more practical now. HL or HR? No you are not going to get a choice as its too hard to make em that way at first.

I second cphilip! quit your *****in!

Cocker thread are a good thing, I highly doupt the AGD will ever stop making twist lock barrels anyways

Later Hills

manike
10-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Cocker barrels are becoming a standard within the industry. They are needed with the extreme as a way to lock in the different feed modules.

RP, you could conceivably make a RF or LF module for an extreme so you have a choice :) I'm going to be making a SC feed module ;) yes that's right a stock class version of the Extreme :)

You can plat aluminium just like you can brass. You can also anodise ally but you can't do the same to brass...

manike

RamboPreacher
10-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by manike
Cocker barrels are becoming a standard within the industry. They are needed with the extreme as a way to lock in the different feed modules.

RP, you could conceivably make a RF or LF module for an extreme so you have a choice :) I'm going to be making a SC feed module ;) yes that's right a stock class version of the Extreme :)

You can plat aluminium just like you can brass. You can also anodise ally but you can't do the same to brass...

manike I guess I saw that comming about the cocker threads, though I don't happen to agree. :) (everyone can beat me up if they want, but a good intigrated barrel is all you need, in my opinion - hay - personal opinion.)

The RH/LH feed modules would be kewl, but probably wouldn't sell many case I think that I am the only one that thinks that CF is just a passing fad (hehehehhehe).

I think the plating issue was brought up at the guild, as I posted there, it has thusfar been my experience that aluminum plating (nickle/chrome) has always cracked/chipped. Though those have always been a "polished" plateing.

DTang
10-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Cocker Threads are a heck of a lot easier to make and aluminum is light!