PDA

View Full Version : funny computer prank

BTAutoMag
10-18-2002, 12:09 PM
ok i'm telling you guys this because i'm almost positive non of you go to my school. i got this cd off of ebay... on it there was an entire folder of fun computer pranks. one of them that stuck out to me was one called "avoid" so i loaded it onto my computer and nothing happened... then i tried to go into my start folder and started cracking up as the start icon jumped across the screen to avoid the mouse:D:D:D. well after an hour or two when i finaly figured out that the only way to get it off was to restart the computer i loaded it onto a floppy and off to school i went. in the excuse that i had to type a paper up, i got into the main computer lab with the school server and the computer that runs them all. i procedded to load the prank onto the main comp and from there loaded it onto every computer in the school. i finished up my repert and activated the prank and left. when i passed the library on the way back i saw 5 student just cracking up on computers and a very mad looking librarian hovering over them with a look of mad confusion. it was GREAT.

Miscue
10-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Just make sure you don't damage anything... :)

I did the same kinda stuff in high school:

I didn't like the typing instructor, so I used to pop keys off keyboards, switch them around, and remap the keyboards. :)

I had the CS computers rigged such that I could remotely tamper with people's programs (using a trojan I wrote... at the time I didn't know it was called a 'trojan' hehe). We were using HyperTalk, and it had default scripts it would run at start up. Of course these were modified by my trojan to replicate itself... :) Used this to sabbotage someone's program (among other things)... like removing a random character every few minutes while the debugger was active :). He stole code from me, so...

Havoc_online
10-18-2002, 01:30 PM
nerd:p

spazzed
10-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Stuck BO on my sister's computer so I can mess with her head while I'm @ school, some 200 miles away :D

Miscue
10-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Bah... using other people's software is cheating. Any chimp can do that. :)

joeyjoe367
10-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
like removing a random character every few minutes while the debugger was active :). He stole code from me, so...

LOL!!! I took a Visual Basic and a Java course before, and I could see how aggrivating that could be!!!

omg, he musta been pissed... did he ever find out?

beam
10-18-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
He stole code from me, so...

Miscue...aren't you a big "Open Source" proponent?

hehehe :D

Miscue
10-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but my CS assignments weren't open source. :)

Coaster
10-18-2002, 08:57 PM
LOL.. yes remapping peoples keyboards is sooo funny. Also, slowing down or speeding up the mouse sensitivity is also pretty funny.

Spray Painter
10-18-2002, 09:03 PM
i need stuff like this. when you sit around in the computer room for 2 hours every other day with nothing to do it gets really boring. also having the password to the school secirity system but having nothing to do with it gets boring too.

-edit-hey, does anyone want to tell me how to do this stuff?? mabey BTautomag could burn me a copy of the cd??:)
pretty please??

pito189
10-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
Stuck BO on my sister's computer so I can mess with her head while I'm @ school, some 200 miles away :D

I'm guessing BO, isn't the BO that you try to avoid in this situation. :p

halB
10-18-2002, 10:12 PM
in my computer class you could only play computer games if they were made in class. so my games, like a snake rip off, and duck hunt were very popular. of course every week or so id come out with a new version to deal with bugs and add stuff, and so i would bring it on a floppy and everyone would pass it around and install it.

and thats when i realized i could screw with everyone

on one program i made it crash the computer after a random amount of time after teh game was lost, and on the other i had it open the cd door at random intervals, also after the game was lost. i just wanted to motivate people not to suck at vid games :D

well, that was until i was kicked out for playing ****quest (sorry for the vulgarity). but at least i won!

FordPrefect
10-18-2002, 10:24 PM
hal, that is pretty nice. I must say, the cd door one is good. :D

Curly
10-19-2002, 12:48 AM
opening and closing cd trays along with flashing the keyboard lights are good ways to mess with people. Sounds like a good time BT.

MrMag
10-19-2002, 10:18 AM
if ya want to mess with someones comp, go to their c drive and rename any file explorer.exe

marc
10-20-2002, 02:09 PM
what happens if you rename it that

MrMag
10-20-2002, 02:13 PM
well, it only works with pcs. when a pc starts up or does basically anything, it uses explorer.exe, a program that runs windows. so when it try to use that file, it crashes. not a very nice prank, because they have to reformat or run through dos, but hey if ya dont like the jerk go for it

marc
10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
hmmmm i know a few people like that

BTAutoMag
10-21-2002, 12:11 PM
i cant sale the whole cd because someone owns a copyright on it. but there are some things on it i can sale. if you buy a copy from me i'll include the computer pranks and a bunch of fun, sick and funny movies and games. i'll say around 5$ a cd