PDA

View Full Version : Slight ReTro Hiss

Remington
10-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Okay I switched my ReTro from one rail to the other and when I get it set up and then gas up, it makes the faintest hiss. I think its either coming from the PT or the On/Off assembly. It works fine on the rail I usually use it with. Any ideas?

P.S

The rail it's usually on is an Eclipse, the one I switched it to is an Automag Classic rail.

TheTramp
10-18-2002, 03:39 PM
Does it go away if you pull back slightly on the trigger?
If so, it a PT o-ring/spacer problem.

EnW
10-18-2002, 03:42 PM
It's just a tolerance issue.The next longer spacer would probably work for you.

Remington
10-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Long time no see Tramp. :( Sadly it doesn't. When I put my ear up to the powerfeed hole you can hear this slight flow of air. I can't tell if its coming from the On/off assembly or if those 2 PT orings just aren't cutting it. I oiled it and it still does it so that why I posted it hear.

Remington
10-18-2002, 03:47 PM
No EnW it won't. I have a .220 spacer and that leaks too much. Me and Tramp tried fixing it at AO NE day and he put in a .215 and I think a .210 spacer in it and they both leaked. I now have 2 PT o-rings in there and it the valve works like it should but it just has this little hiss I'm talking about.

TheTramp
10-18-2002, 04:06 PM
That's right, I forgot about the two o-rings. That's what the problem is. It needs something hard for the o-ring to seal against (a spacer or spring) and another o-ring can only work so well.

I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and get the L10 kit. $80 isn't chump change but it really is worth it.

Remington
10-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Yea I have a Level 10 Kit and Black Blade Intelli lined up. I just need to sell my extra mag so I'll have money. I should have it soon and then my problems will quietly go away. Heh heh. Thanks for the help.:D :p :)