PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Pedals?

theraidenproject
10-19-2002, 01:39 PM
I need some guitar pedal suggestions. Currently I have none. I play (or try to ;), I need to find a new teacher) blues, classic rock, and some hard rock/metal. I'm looking at a wah, a distortion pedal or two, and maybe a flanger or delay. I figured, though, that for a few decent pedals, I could just get a nice multi-effects one. I remember from my old guitar gear advice thread, that the AdrenaLinn came highly reccomended. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

magman007
10-19-2002, 04:14 PM
well, i like more than one petal, aka not a multi effect petal, why because you can run more effects at once. I play the same as you. I would reccomend a wah petal first. My distortion came with my amp (marshal). after distortion, go for a flange, then delay, then phase, then chorus..... thats how im doing it any ways!

BrEaKcYcLe
10-19-2002, 09:10 PM
u can get the boss distortion pedal for 39.99 at www.americanmusical.com which is a good pedal and what guitar and amp u got?

paint king
10-20-2002, 10:26 AM
I would recomend a nice multi effects pedal. i.e: digitech, toneworks etc.. With the nicer multi-effects pedals you can mend together many different effects and you get more bang for your buck. If you have a larger budget though you might want to get single pedals but thats up to you. I just feel that with a nice multi pedal it works just as well as single pedals. By the way what amp are you using?

spazzed
10-20-2002, 11:48 PM
Can't forget a talkbox... Those things are quite sweet!! Only downside is you've gotta have a mic setup as well.

SyntaxError
10-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Yep, I was the one who suggested the AdrenaLinn and I stick with it. They are bar none the best effects setups for the price (250-300). Check them out at musiciansfriend.com, thats where I got mine. I love mine. It doesnt come with a floor controller though, thats extra:( its really the only downside.