PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Mag

Gerst240
10-19-2002, 05:04 PM
well i have had a problem with my auto mag breaking balls like crazy like 2 -3 a game it has a 3000 psi tank with a flat line reg i am kinda thinkin that the pressure from the reg to the gun is too high but can someone tell me where it should be set so it can be confirmed
thanks

Shirow
10-19-2002, 05:08 PM
What bolt, what valve, what hopper, what barrel, what paint?

Gerst240
10-19-2002, 05:12 PM
hahah well venturi bolt, regular viewloader hopper, dye barrel stock barrel doesnt matter they both break paint, i have shot 3 different types of paint they all break doesnt matter if im shooting fast or slow

heres a pic of it

Shirow
10-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Don't use an aftermarket bolt.. that is probably part of your problem. You could also be outshooting your hopper if you mean just a VL200.

I'd try putting a stock level 7 bolt in it, or (preferably) a level 10 bolt - the level 10 is going to stop your chopping completely. Also, do you seem to chop when you shoot fast? If so, you're probably just outshooting your hopper (which is not too tough with a VL200!)

See if you can borrow a revy or something and see what happens. I'd try switching the bolt to a level 10 above everything though, since it will stop chopping regardless of the reason.

N/M, I just saw you say it chops if you shoot fast or slow.. I've never seen the venturi bolt, but part of the problem may be that the edges are too sharp and they're nicking the next ball in the stack as you fire.. I guess if that's the case, my only recommendation would be to use a different bolt (something official, not an aftermarket one.)

Jack Napier
10-19-2002, 09:02 PM
I liked the venturi bolt on my min-mag. I'd get the lvl10 regardless though. Its one of the best upgrades you can get for your mag.

joeyjoe367
10-20-2002, 02:13 AM
Bounce test your paint. Check Tom's tech tips if you don't know how to already.

That should probably fix your problem.

rjvemt1
10-20-2002, 02:56 PM
check to make sue your powerfeed pug is lined up right.make sure the littlefeed 'ramp' is set at 90 degrees to the body. do you have the flat plug or do you have one of the hyperbalic(the part of the plug that the balls rest on is curved) plugs? do a search for 'ball stack' there is a thread that has digram that will show you the proper way the balls sould be stacked inside the feed tube to make sure that they are feeding correctly.

the level ten will eliminate all chopping, but if you are having a feed problem then your rof will be affected because the bolt will be constantly recyling when you get a misfeed.

btw, thats a petty swet looking mag, i lik that barrel!

Nobody077
10-20-2002, 07:06 PM
I would allso suggest checking the powerfeed plug, If you have the old style get the new hyperbalic type they help a lot with ball breaks. As for the pressure to the gun around 800-850 should be fine but rember that your guns AIR valve is a regulator so input pressure wont be a problem unless its to low.

athomas
10-20-2002, 08:13 PM
If you are chopping, then get a level 10 bolt and a motorized hopper.