PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon

ICOM
10-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Just got back from seeing this film and it was pretty good. Little different kind of movie like the other ones but it was still great. If you got time to see a movie try this one...

cheetah256
10-19-2002, 07:47 PM
i saw it last weekend and really didn't enjoy it that much...it just didn't build any suspense...

ttoad4000t
10-19-2002, 08:40 PM
I saw it when it came out, its pretty good, if you enjoy those hannible movies, you should go see it...

darklord
10-19-2002, 10:19 PM
surprisingly that movie was directed by Bratt Ratner, who directed Rush Hour....kind of odd if you ask me

ntn4502
10-20-2002, 01:11 AM
downloading it on my computer right now, isn't the internet great?

halB
10-20-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by ntn4502
downloading it on my computer right now, isn't the internet great?

THIEF!!! THIEF!!!! i am SO gonna report you, oh wait wild things just finished downloading.

but seriously, it was a lot better than hannibal. i now wanna see the 80s or whatever version of it (called manhunter i believe, renamed it due to the red part referring to communists)

10-20-2002, 12:52 PM
I didnt like it. I thought there should have been more hannibal he is such a cool character.

FreshmanBob
10-20-2002, 07:09 PM
first lemme say edward norton is the man, next that movie was pretty damn good, plenty of plot twists but a little boring at parts. Definately worth seeing though.

InfinatyBPS
10-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Was the pretty lady at the end of the movie that the guy was telling Hannibal about, the one that was there to see him that the guy said was too pretty to be in the FBI, Clarise?

Zenwood
10-21-2002, 12:55 AM
Did anyone see that movie "Manhunter" that came out in the 80's and is based on the same story. Been a little too busy to catch Red Dragon yet but I'm interested in how the two compare. Anyone seen both ?

bsusigep18
10-21-2002, 01:43 AM
Infinaty-Yes, the lady that was being to referred to was Clarise (Jodie Foster).

I thought red dragon was an awesome movie. A great prequel to an already great series. Most people didn't like hannibal, i thought it was great...too many expectations, not every movie in a series has to be on a simliar plotline with the rest of the movies. Edward Norton is the bomb, one of the best flexible actors around. As for Anthony Hopkins...nothing needs to be said, just plain terrifying.

Hexis
10-21-2002, 04:12 AM
The movie Red Dragon was a pretty accurate version of the book. Hannibal was all but written to be a movie, and was terrible in either form. IIRC Silence was a lil different in Movie form, but was very good in both versions. Red Dragon was written 1st and is less complex than Silence. If you are a Thomas Harris fan also check out Black Sunday. Another good book, with a farily cheesy movie version.

Devil
10-23-2002, 12:12 PM
I love Hannibal Lector...and moose...are better than lambs! I love MOOSE!
But really...Anthony Hopkins was born to play that role...it was so good...it just gave you chills down your spine trying to understand what was going on in hannibal's head throughout all of the movies...they need to make a movie about Hannibal Lector, starring none other than A.Hopkins...and about why he was in the institution and everything...I mean...I know they all talk about it...but I wanna see him in action...starting from his days as a psychologist until his victims...or patients...As a psychologist wanna-be(me)he is my hero...but I don't think I could ever bite anyone's face off...no...definately not...but he's still a cool character! I mean...he's just so refined and intelligent...one just wants to know all about the character!
Are the books really as intense as the movies as far as showing the ingeniousness of H.Lector...if so...where can I find them?

Chupe
11-05-2002, 10:35 PM
i thought it was a great movie. i saw it a couple of weeks ago. i think its worth seeing and i would recomend it. a little nasty in some parts but overall good. the only thing was that i didint see any of the other hannibal movies before i saw this. oh well. it still was good.
Chad