PDA

View Full Version : randm rant

HoppysMag
10-19-2002, 06:59 PM
ok i hate the words "Custom" and "Tricked". people think things are "Costum" when they put a new barrel on it... costum to me is specialy ordered milling,parts, or sumthing. where you came up with a design and did it your self or had some one do it. not like many makers that have "Custom" milling when its the same on all markers.

"Tricked" is used when some one puts like 2x the markers original price into PERFORMANCE ENHANCING PARTS! not supid cosmetic stuff. sorry but i had to express it.:rolleyes: :D

Miscue
10-19-2002, 07:14 PM
For Sale: TRicKeD AUtOMag!!!

Includes:

VL200!
Hopper Elbow!
Stale Donut!
Shaved on/off pin!
Foamieless Foamie Bolt!
Spray painted by a monkey!

Discounted $10 due to missing on/off, spring pack, AIR Valve, and O-Rings. It's a steal! Pick up my TrIcKY MaG NOW!

HoppysMag
10-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Prime example ladies and gents! http://www.actionvillage.com/010-2057.html

This starter gun runs on CO2 or compressed air and is made of Polymer for light weight.
One step quick pull field strip pin Custom trigger guard and double trigger
Custom Grip
Bottomline adpater

:D

cheetah256
10-19-2002, 07:52 PM
it bugs me when people talk about how they have a custom part, but they weren't the one who had it made. so basically, its someone elses custom work. just bugs me when people don't have any creativity..

i just realized thats really hard to understand...

HoppysMag
10-19-2002, 07:58 PM
no i agree with you... accept for the actual makin of it... i see it as ok to design it and have some one else make it, cause well most of us dont know how to mill, anno, ect...:D

venturesomerite
10-20-2002, 10:07 AM
i have to agree. that does get anoying.i think probably if someone wanted to try and make a custom part them selves, the easiest thing i can think of is a hopper or a drop.
-a pvc pipe hopper kinda thing,
-or a small steel or aluminum peice where all you have to do is drill holes, i mean hell, we al have to start somewhere.
but thats just what i think. i got bored one day and fused a pvc pipe with a $7 wallmart hopper to create a 300 round hopper, just for the hell-o of it.

magman007
10-20-2002, 12:30 PM
i believe, i am one of the olny people on this board who has a truely custom marker, and that would be my self, home annodized e-mag. I know some have done a few things, and those are the other few. It isnt custom unless you do it your self. People like Tyson Machado. that is a person who makes custom pieces, and he does it quite well. People like Dco Nikel and Dan at triggernomics need to be mentioned. Also, the main man, Manike, who is creating his own custom body. Each one of these people are people who do custom work.

It is customized if some one else does it for you. IF you do it your self, it is truely custom, as it is your own creation, that has yet to be mimmicked.

Xerces
10-20-2002, 01:11 PM
LOOK CUSTOM AUTOCOCKER! FOR ONLY $1000 MORE YOU CAN GET OUR NAME AND A FEW LINES DRAWN ALL OVER YOUR OTHERWISE GOOD LOOKING GUN! HURRY AND ORDER, WE ONLY MADE 2,000,000,000 OF THESE AND THEYRE GOING FAST!

ShooterJM
10-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by magman007
i believe, i am one of the olny people on this board who has a truely custom marker.

It is customized if some one else does it for you. IF you do it your self, it is truely custom, as it is your own creation, that has yet to be mimmicked.

No offense dude, but you can't claim something isn't custom unless you do it yourself, and then claim you are one of the only people on this board who has a custom gun because you colored it yourself. Unless you did other stuff, like write a new program, design new electronics, etc.

Technically the primary definition of the word "custom" means made to order. A "customizer" would be someone who makes things to order.

Brak
10-22-2002, 05:17 PM
if someone drills a hole into his autococker body, is it considered custom?

GreasyPigeon
10-22-2002, 06:11 PM
don't get me wronge i am not pro at making guns. i can't anno i can't mill so i had to get some one to do it for me. last year i made a autocoker from scratch. i bought all the parts and i put it togeather. so would that be custom seeing how i made it from scratched. but i did get it anno by pk selective and i got it milled at g3pb so would it still be custom??? or would it be just a tricked out cocker seeing how it had all the best parts that money could buy. it does get on your nerves when your looking for a new gun and you see a CUSTOM autocoker or mag , angle shocker whatever and it only has a new barrel and a trigger frame. but what can you do??? are you going to flame the guy selling his gun . are you going to say hey thats not custom its crap. you just have to deal with it. and i'm sure that some of you have used that title befor when you were selling you gun. i know i did. but it doesn't bother me. and this is just my opinion so don't start flaming me.

GP

HoppysMag
10-23-2002, 12:57 PM
no were not gunna flame you for your opinion... just like i would want to get flamed for this thread.:D

dre1919
10-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
...Spray painted by a monkey!

Wow, that would be "custom"!!
;)

ShooterJM
10-23-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by dre1919

Wow, that would be "custom"!!
;)

Well yeah. But only if you told the monkey how you wanted it done first. :D