PDA

View Full Version : Want to dye my Reloader, question first.

Kitsune
10-20-2002, 11:07 AM
Just received my reloader, my sweet little reloader. Anyway it only came in clear, black, and smoke, I received clear and I am going to dye it blue to match my Rebel 02 Bottomline, I am using RIT dye and I need to know why I would add salt to the dye. Smokee_2_7 told me about adding salt, but I am about to get the dye and want to start dying... So I need to know why I would add salt, how much I should add, and when I should add it, instruction please. Thanks.

Load SM5
10-20-2002, 03:03 PM
I don't know about the whole adding salt bit. I know that is suposed to help the dye set in to fabric. Plastic I have no idea about. But Carl has a slightly larger sized brain than me and I can't see it hurting. I would'nt add more than a teaspoon of so but there shoul be directions on the box. Just bring the dye to a simmer and not boiling and go slowly. Let the plastic cool a little bit between dunkings so it does'nt get too hot and warp.

Smokee_2_7
10-20-2002, 11:07 PM
heck, like i was saying about the salt earlier - - I thought it said "salt" on the box, so I dumped some in. Probably a lot more than I should have. I dont rememebr, but everythig worked out fine, anyway. THe salt shouldnt be necessary, I dont think. I think Load is right- - - it would help when dying a fabric. I have a bad habit of reading the high points of instructions, and kinda skipping over the rest.

I was not aware of my brain size. If it is slightly larger, that probably explains why I feel like my head is always fat. And that hats wern't made to fit me. And why people always stare at me. And why that funny sound happens every time I

Oh, Sorry- - I guess I was rambling. :)

Kitsune
10-22-2002, 06:06 AM
Well I got my hopper dyed, and after half an hour of relentless spring tweaking I managed to put it back together. It looks great, thanks for the idea and the help Carl.