PDA

View Full Version : Air leaking

Kitsune
10-20-2002, 12:30 PM
I screwed in my Co2 tank to go ahead and finish off my balls on my targets and I started hearing air leak from the front of the barrel, and when i cocked it it came from the back middle, I can disassemble and reassemble, but I have no clue on what could be causing this. I did a through oiling of just about every o ring that would need to be oiled (including putting oil in the Co2 area and dry firing 30 times) so I dont think that is the problem, I played for 7 hours yestertday adn did get sand, but I cleared all that out. So I am really stuck here, any ideas? I don't have any air to test it with, but I would appreciate any help.

SaS
10-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Kitsune
and when i cocked it it came from the back middle, I can disassemble and reassemble

What marker are you using?

Kitsune
10-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I thought I made it a habbit to post info like that. Anyway it's a Rebel 02 Bottomline.

Smokee_2_7
10-20-2002, 11:13 PM
sounds like it may be your cup seal. Actually, I'm willing to bet that it IS your cup seal.

This is not a big deal. Your gun MAY have come with another one in the box. (It should be a little white mushroom head shaped thingie) If you have one, bring it up to the shop to me with your gun, and I'll take care of it for you.

If you don't have anything that looks like that, dont worry. Bring your gun up to the shop on wednesday (or whenever. . .) and I'll find one, and install it for you.

Of course, this will cost you nothing at all. :D

Catch ya later,

Carl

Kitsune
10-21-2002, 06:05 AM
Sure, but before I do, I am ging to try to install it myself, and then YOU can repair the damage I add on to it :P

Smokee_2_7
10-21-2002, 10:52 AM
just make sure you put everything back together the same way it came apart. Try not to have any parts left over when youre done. (lol, ive done that before)

Follow the diagrams in the owners manual, and let me know if ya get if fixed.

carl

Kitsune
10-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Well I have some interesting news. The parts that you said I needed to replace (I had already narrowed it down to those parts by reading my manual) don't look like they even pre-existed in my gun. If they did then the spare parts don't look anything like what is in the gun right now. So I guess I will bring it in Wednesday when you said I could.

Smokee_2_7
10-21-2002, 04:22 PM
hmmm this could be interesting. . . . . . ..

obviously SOMTHING had to be in there to begin with: otherwise the gun would have never worked at all.

No big deal. Ill take care of it on wednesday.