PDA

View Full Version : Question about regs...

Brak
10-20-2002, 06:37 PM
I'm going to buy an autococker soon (answer my quesion, then you can bash me for not buying an automag), and it has an AA Vigilante Regulator on it. I think its good (it is good right?), but it the LP version.
My question is:
Since i cant afford Nitro right now, im going to run Co2 (probably only until Christmas). Now since the Reg is LP, can i still use my Co2 with it? or do i have to buy a HP spring for the reg and replace it?

Spray Painter
10-20-2002, 06:41 PM
yes you would have to buy the HP spring to run it with CO2.

*ArKfEaR*
10-20-2002, 06:44 PM
when you get nitro... i recommend getting a new reg:

1.AKA Sidewinder
2.MacDev Gladiator
3.WDP Minireg

dont hink i would use anything else.

PS:Hrrm cocker on co2 without a stabilizer or maxflow, gl with thith that. Its going to run decent but you will not see the true power of your cocker without a better reg and nitro :)

BajaBoy
10-20-2002, 06:52 PM
yes need new spring pack.

booyah
10-20-2002, 07:57 PM
I love it when people dont know what they are talking about....

first off the Vigi is a great reg. in my opinion in the top 5 regs in paintball

second off the low pressure spring just specifies the out put pressure, not the input

if your feeding co2 in to it, as long as you dont want to send high pressure out, and since this is on a gun that is already set up i doubt you will want to change it.

if you want to up the pressure out above about 450, then you will have to change springs. else you will have the adjuster screwed in so far that the cap wont fit on it.

but to awnser your question. NO YOU WONT NEED THE HIGH PRESSURE SPRING

-Booyah

Kevmaster
10-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
when you get nitro... i recommend getting a new reg:

1.AKA Sidewinder
2.MacDev Gladiator
3.WDP Minireg

dont hink i would use anything else.

PS:Hrrm cocker on co2 without a stabilizer or maxflow, gl with thith that. Its going to run decent but you will not see the true power of your cocker without a better reg and nitro :)

um...ive taken apart those MiniRegs and guess what? stock... they are made for use with angels. some of the orings in there do bad things when exposed to liquid Co2. not at all what i would reccomend for a co2 gun
also, the Vigi will work FINE on CO2. you do NOT need a HP spring to run it JUST because you are going to run Co2. if hte LP spring runs you cocker on HPA, it will do it to on Co2.
fianlly, the BEST reg for Co2 is no doubt the Stabilizer. however, the Vigi is right up there. have fun with your cocker!

and just to help my validity, i am a PTI Certified Air Tech, PTI Certified Airsmith and Factory trained for BE, VL, JT, AGD and AKA(and have extensive work background with WGD and WDP equipment)

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
10-20-2002, 08:20 PM
yes the stab is the best co2 reg. period. and its ok if you run the vigi on co2.

Spray Painter
10-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by booyah
I love it when people dont know what they are talking about....

first off the Vigi is a great reg. in my opinion in the top 5 regs in paintball

second off the low pressure spring just specifies the out put pressure, not the input

if your feeding co2 in to it, as long as you dont want to send high pressure out, and since this is on a gun that is already set up i doubt you will want to change it.

if you want to up the pressure out above about 450, then you will have to change springs. else you will have the adjuster screwed in so far that the cap wont fit on it.

but to awnser your question. NO YOU WONT NEED THE HIGH PRESSURE SPRING

-Booyah

I stand corrected. you won't need the HP spring. i don't know what i was thinking when i posted that.

Brak
10-21-2002, 04:15 PM
okay thanks guys you cleared up a lot!