PDA

View Full Version : automag help

ragear
10-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Hey all, about 3 years ago I bought an automag after using a tippmann 98 for a long time. I only used the automag for probably a few weeks at the most, but when I used it I remember it would break paint a lot, and I think it would sometimes shoot more than one ball when I would pull the trigger and you could see the CO2 coming out of the barrel. Anyway, I stopped paintballing a few weeks after getting the gun, and everytime I used it I had those problems... but it was pretty cold when I used it. Anyway, I plan on going paintballing with this gun again in a few weeks, and I'm wondering if you all can give me some advice on how to prevent these problems from happening when I go? The weather will be warm, and if you want I can give you some more details of the gun (barrel, etc), but any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

rjvemt1
10-20-2002, 11:59 PM
sometimes shoot more than one ball when I would pull the trigger

this has two causes one is extreamly small paint, not alot you can do about that except get the field to exchange it befoe you shoot more than a few. te other cause, which is mor likely, is a misadjusted nubbin. thats the little wire thing stuck to the outside of your barrel held on by tetwo o-rings. did you get the maint. video with your gun? if so then there is a nubbin adjustment portion in the video.if you didt get the video, you can order it from agd or about 5 bucks at the on-line store at the top of the screen.

when I used it I remember it would break paint a lot

it takes a little time to learn how to shoot a mag. make sure you completely pull the trigger. the doube feeding is also adding to this problem, what kind of hopper are you using? if its not mechanized(vl revelution etc) this will also add to this problem.

you could see the CO2 coming out of the barrel.

this was due to the temperature. youshould look into getting a preset nitrogen(n2) tank. mags work much better on compresed air then the due on co2.

shop on-line fo any upgrades you decide on. you can also do a search for 'upgrades' here and get a lot of good sugestions. goo luckand keep us posted.

p.s. welcome to ao! i am honored to be you first ;)

ragear
10-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I did get a video with it so I'll watch that. I'll get mechanized hopper like you said, since I'm not using one right now. If I begin to go regularly again, I'll most likely get a preset nitrogen tank.

Do you suggest any online stores where I can buy stuff like the mechanized hopper, and the n2 tank?
And do I need to re-oil my gun or anything since I haven't used it for a few years?

Thanks for the help :D

rjvemt1
10-21-2002, 09:41 PM
try paintballgear.com, thats my favorite.

yes you do need to oil it, just put a few drops into the bottle adapter. tom shows you how on the vid. good luck!

ragear
10-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Thanks again for all the help :)