PDA

View Full Version : mag problem. Hyperframe?

Snake847
10-21-2002, 07:14 AM
I got a problem ever since i got a hyperframe on my mag. whenever I shoot it the gun seems to go reactive and starts to chop paintballs like crazy. I put the hyperframe on/off assembly and it still does it.(btw i got the classic valve) and the hyperframe is set on semi auto. I am also thinking that it might of been the cheap nitro tank i used. I rented a pmi tank at my local field(challenge park Xtreme)any sudgestions??

TheTramp
10-21-2002, 10:33 AM
The N2 tank has nothing to do with it.

It sounds like you need an even longer on/off pin. Call the Hyperframe people and ask them to send you one. Also, take a look at your sear and make sure it's not getting chewed up. Unless they are set-up properly Hyperframes can destroy sears.

Snake847
10-21-2002, 11:52 AM
the sear is new and i got 1 more on/off pin so iwill try it. also how do I do the factory mode thingi and what does it do?

pbzmag
10-21-2002, 07:45 PM
I agree, the pin may not be long enough. Call up centerflags and inform them of your problem. From what I heard from others, they also had the same problems as you did. They will probably send you out a new pin for free. I have the hyperframe to and had not problems. I just got the level 10 bolt but I have problems. Turns out, there is more pressure with the level 10 than with the stock bolt. As for the Factory Mode, this mode lets you set the pressure of the solinoid. To get to it, make sure that the frame is off. Hold down the power button, then around 2 seconds later press and hold the mode button. This should be done before it displays 0211 or else you have to do it all over again. If done right it should display "05 0X". X being the strength of the solinoid. Pressing the mode button will cylce through the different levels of solinoid power. The levels are 3-9. Be warned, the higher the number the more power it will use. Around 6 or 7 should be fine.

hitech
10-22-2002, 01:01 PM
This might help.

Originally posted by midnightcharger2
Every automag is different!!! remember that
Even though two brand spanky new automags come off the assembly line they have slight differences or tolerances.. What worked for the guy the owned the cf frame before you might work on some other guns without adjustment or might need adjustment for others. Just Depends

The orginal on/off will work. Just uses batteries a bit more than the centerflag model.

this is going to require a bit of back and forth talking to fig out whats the problem. I had a centerflag and it takes a bit of work to get them to work properly but when they do OMG.

First, Make sure you do have the setting to 5 07. You mentioned you do, ok. what you need to do next is take the gun down to just the trigger frame. on top there should be 4 hex screws really small buggers. loosen them ever so slightly so that you can move the solenoid back and forth in the cradle with a flat tip screw driver (the screws should basically still have a good deal of tension on the solenoid). If you can move it back and forth by hand its way too loose. i cant mention any more that this is a very important step and if done wrong you will have to tear the gun down again to restart all over again!!!!

Once you have that set put the gun together (leave off all the non esential parts I.E. barrel sights hopper etc.). you will want to leave the grips off the frame so you can get around in the frame with the screw driver.

air up the gun as normal. Look at the side of the trigger assembly and see how close that the solenoid pin is to the sear. You do not want the pin sitting on the sear (thats bad) There should be a slight air gap just about 1/16 of an inch between.

What you can do is move the solenoid back and forth and pull the trigger. sometimes it needs to be adjusted a hair in either direction. You may stil need to hold the solenoid with your fingers when you find the sweet spot that makes the gun fire to keep the solenoid from moving out of position and making you start from scratch again.

Once you find the setting carefully tear the gun down and tighten those screws down good. some red loctite helps too

You should be set. The last thing to do is basically work down on the service mode to move the setting 5 07 down as far as possible to conserve battery power. Basically I got mine down to 5 05 and worked fine. It will vary since every gun is different.

Once you set your gun dont change anything on it. You probably will have to readjust if you change a valve assembly or on/off parts. So whatever made your gun shoot before the e frame keep it dont change it Hope this helps

Snake847
10-23-2002, 07:37 AM
thx, I will try and test what u guys posted here this weekend.