PDA

View Full Version : Panzerr's search rant

Panzerr
10-21-2002, 02:31 PM
I find it amusing, and quite annoying that many people get so upset when someone posts a topic that had been discussed a few days, weeks, or months ago. Most of these people are very rude about it. The thing they fail to realize, is that not everyone comes to AO on a daily basis. Most of us have more important things to do, besides checking these forums religiously. So what if someone didn't do a search? Did it every occur to you that there might be someone out there, that had never thought of that question before and would more info on it? Is his question stinking up your cyber-world? Is this not a public forum? Have you ever tried searching for a topic, only to come up with 500 results, despite all of your attempts to narrow it? C'mon, people. Not everyone had time to browse through pages upon pages of worthless babble, just to find that someone posted a word that was in your search, in a context that has nothing to do with what you were looking for. Is it going to crash the AO server if they post, instead of spending hours upon hours searching through archives? Will you die, if they don't search? Give me a break.

rant over
rant out.

shartley
10-21-2002, 02:41 PM
LOL

synreal
10-21-2002, 02:52 PM
you do know that a <b>search</b> on the word "search" would have yielded <a href="http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53536&highlight=search" target="_blank">this</a> thread that is less than 3 days old and deals with your very topic ;)

<font color="#999999" size="1">you're welcome shartley, i'll take the bullet this time :P</font>

Panzerr
10-21-2002, 02:52 PM
lol

shartley
10-21-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by synreal

<font color="#999999" size="1">you're welcome shartley, i'll take the bullet this time :P</font>
Thanks... ;)

bofh
10-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Actually there's a wonderfull howto on using the automag search function.... and it's writen by none other than SHartley.

Catch it here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53942)

magman007
10-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Well, i realize this was directed at me, and well im sorry you feel this way. THe olny reason i had told you to search, was that there was the same topic, just a few posts below yours. Im sorry if you feel this way about searching, but if you have the time to post a subject, you certainly have the time to search. Sorry to cause you discomefort in your AO life, but its a fact, you are supposed to search before asking. PLease, search before you act.

HoppysMag
10-21-2002, 04:20 PM
Panzerr

im sorry but synreal just owned you.... http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=430588 sorry i had too... ( man im glad i started the pic thread... it makes diss'in people that much easyer ;) )

TigerMan
10-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by magman007
Well, i realize this was directed at me, and well im sorry you feel this way. THe olny reason i had told you to search, was that there was the same topic, just a few posts below yours. Im sorry if you feel this way about searching, but if you have the time to post a subject, you certainly have the time to search. Sorry to cause you discomefort in your AO life, but its a fact, you are supposed to search before asking. PLease, search before you act.

Fact? I'm not trying to take sides here or flame anyone, but where does it say by the rules here we're supposed to search before posting? If we did a search before every post, then we'd have nothing TO post. Most topics brought up before (even this) have already been made. Just let them post I say (unless it's upsurdly dumb).

HoppysMag
10-21-2002, 07:09 PM
have you guys counted the number of post on the Xtreme's lately, suddenly everyone and thier mother wants to know the same thing "when are the Xtremes coming out" and the dont look at the 5 post below thiers about the Xtreme's.... thats annoying:D

Spray Painter
10-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan

Fact? I'm not trying to take sides here or flame anyone, but where does it say by the rules here we're supposed to search before posting? If we did a search before every post, then we'd have nothing TO post. Most topics brought up before (even this) have already been made. Just let them post I say (unless it's upsurdly dumb).

if there was a rule like that the AO population would cut in half when the people get banned.:D ;)

xmetal2001
10-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah Panzerr, somebody needs to search:p

I already addressed this topic in the CORRECT forum, friendly corner;) :D

Paintchucker
10-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
have you guys counted the number of post on the Xtreme's lately, suddenly everyone and thier mother wants to know the same thing "when are the Xtremes coming out" and the dont look at the 5 post below thiers about the Xtreme's.... thats annoying:D

Seems like that would give a good webmaster an inclination to make a sticky on it then... Sorta like the Level 10 info...