PDA

View Full Version : I need help fast! very very fast!!!

RTGuy86
10-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Today i accidently cross-threaded my tank. when i went to unscrew it the bottle just unscrewed and left the reg into the asa. i was wondering if there was anything that i could do to undo this. Live within a 1hr or 2hrs of warped sportz and badboyz toyz but id prefer not to go out of my way if i can do anything myself.

virus
10-21-2002, 08:02 PM
first.... if you havnt already.... shoot the rest of air out of our tank.......

next screw the tank the rest of the way onto the reg..... try to grab onto the reg and turn.... you may need to hook your finger onto the fill nipple or gauge.... if worse comes to worse get your self a strap wrench and use that to takethe reg and tank off the gun.....

once you get it off goto your local store (better yet a scuba/dive shop) with the tank and have the put it back on to the correct torque.... if they use any type of thread locker... dont fill it until you wait 24 hours..... i say to wait that long just to give whatever they used ample time to setup.... you had a problem already so why take a chance again....

edit: most likely a scuba shop will have a strap wrench... also your local paintball shop may have one... they are very usful for things like this

RTGuy86
10-22-2002, 04:31 PM
ok thanks alot. i think that i may have a strap wrench around the house somewhere. well thanks alot.