PDA

View Full Version : Tom Kay I Need You For And Economics Assignment!

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, sorry for the caps but i got 3 days and i wanna finish fast. ok so my economics teacher is like u gotta go to a company and ask them for 5 variable cost and 5 fixed cost.... so im like ok.... i like agd and i think tom is cool about it so why not ask him. also for extra credit he asked if the company could list the price of the some/all of the cost. so tom or anyone who works at agd that knows could ya help me make an A? i dont feel like goin to Mac donalds and askin them.....

Curly
10-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Well tom is at the world cup as is much of the AGD staff. I doubt they will be able to get back to you any time soon.

BlackVCG
10-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Sorry, but you're probably going to need to find another company to get the info from. Most of AGD is at the World Cup and typically they don't get the greatest I-net connections where they stay. Also, AGD usually doesn't talk about their cost on things for obvious reason.

I will let you know that things like taxes, employee pay (typically), etc. are what you'd consider fixed costs since they are constant throughout the year. Variable costs are just that. Whatever expenditures flucuate in most cases per month are considered variable costs.

spazzed
10-22-2002, 09:58 AM
That seems like a pretty crappy assignment to me. How many companies are willingly going to give out this kind of info in the 1st place? :confused:

shartley
10-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by spazzed
That seems like a pretty crappy assignment to me. How many companies are willingly going to give out this kind of info in the 1st place? :confused:

That is VERY true.... I would suggest asking a publicly traded company...... heck they might even have an full investor's section on their web site. At a minimum they should have direct contact information for those you will want to talk to. And most of them even have full information packets ready to give folks.

As for privately owned companies… good luck.

EnderWigginPballin
10-22-2002, 03:08 PM
just one question???

do you need the number in $ for the cost? or just an example, like, "wages are a fixed cost of store X"

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-22-2002, 07:20 PM
i just need:
5 fixed company cost
5 varible cost
if posible (not required) the price of any of those.

spazzed
10-22-2002, 09:11 PM
So you need actual $$ figures?

i.e. $4583987346 fixed cost
$.47398 variable cost

??

Yikes. Sounds pretty crappy, still.

I would recommend going to your teacher and asking them where you can get this info at. Examples are a big plus!

Venom
10-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Wow. Thank the maker I chose Physics instead...

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-22-2002, 11:48 PM
no no no.......
just like 5 things fixed they pay, and 5 varible things they pay..... dont need the prices just the name of the thing they pay..... taxes are fixed(property tax and such)
and if they have wage workers those are varible, salary workers are fixed.... stuff like that... we dont need prices but we "can" use them

SeeK
10-23-2002, 12:25 AM
Fixed costs:

Rent
Equipment Leases
Salary
Utilities (Phone, Internet)
Advertising

Variable Costs:
Parts
Raw material (Aluminum, SS)
Hourly Labor
Machining bits
Electricity

Trigger_Happy
10-23-2002, 02:13 AM
oh, you're good SeeK, but since when is advertising a fixed cost?

shartley
10-23-2002, 07:03 AM
I would personally not consider Advertising a Fixed Cost either, and Utilities are definitely not a Fixed cost.

I know companies that meter their Internet Access, and most other utilities are metered as well. Yes, your Internet Access CAN be a fixed cost, but it is not a utility in the classic sense. And most Phone bills are not Fixed either. The base price is a fixed plan with RATES that determine your bill.

So my list would be more like,

Fixed Costs:
- Building/Property Lease
- Equipment Lease
- Unmetered Internet Access
- Website Hosting
- Salaries

Variable Costs:
- Hourly Wages
- Taxes
- Utilities (Water, Electricity, Heating Oill)
- Consulting/Lawyers
- Raw Materials

There are so many more Variable Costs compared to Fixed costs. And you could go listing them for quite some time.