PDA

View Full Version : mask

scribe
10-22-2002, 12:20 PM
im torn.

i dunno what to get for a mask. i'm either looking at the jt proteus, ize, or v-force morph.

Paintchucker
10-22-2002, 12:24 PM
Ask some of the people at your local field to try their mask on. I did that and quickly talked myself out of the new Dye mask. It was much to small for my liking...

Shirow
10-22-2002, 12:54 PM
You guys always make me feel bad - I have an Invision and it fits my head fine. Do I have a small brain or something?

spazzed
10-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Roger That!!

<---been playing WAAAY to much BF1942.

scribe
10-22-2002, 01:41 PM
ew bf1942. it's all about counter-strike.

i actually do have a small head...that's why i think the proteus would be nice

Load SM5
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Me too spazzed.

Depends on your head size. JT Flex-7's are great and fit almost any head size. The proteus and invision are closer fitting masks and left my jaw and, in the case of the invision, ear hanging below the armor. I wear a v-force morph now and love it. It's very comfy, I get bounces off the lower armor without getting my lip smacked and the lenses can be popped out in a second for cleaning.

darklord
10-22-2002, 04:00 PM
I like and own the Proteus, and I have a large noggin. It's form-fitting for all sizes! :D

FrAuStY
10-22-2002, 04:07 PM
I say proteus, it's a well designed mask, fit's most people's noggin, and trust me.. you'll get some really odd bounces of them. I actually called myself out twice as the thump... made me think it broke.. and me being stupid didn't use the old two finger where it hit to feel the slick paint. Needless to say..I too was in your position, it was proteus, Invision, or Skull.. once I tried a friends prote out during a game I fell in love with it :)

PolishSausage
10-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Shirow and I are in the same boat. I've got an Invision and all I hear is that they dont fit people with big heads. Fits me just fine. Admitted my brain has been through many bailed flips on skis in the winter, would that have any effect on my brain size? lol.

Anyways, buy the mask you feel fits you the best. I've had no trouble with either the Flex or Invision ever fogging on me, even in long games.

-Tyler

spazzed
10-22-2002, 06:14 PM
I've always been a big fan of vforce. They work quite well. None of that crappy "thin" foam. It's real spongy. VERY comfy!

Shirow
10-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Shirow and I are in the same boat. I've got an Invision and all I hear is that they dont fit people with big heads

Glad we're both on the small side.. oo err!

Brak
10-22-2002, 07:47 PM
my head is large and i use one of those scott masks that barely goes over my jaws. i just hope that i dont get hit, because my chin would hurt!

tanstaafl
10-22-2002, 08:47 PM
I'd say go with the Morph. Its very comfortable.
Easy lens change and cleaning. But of course
you should try them on and see what feels best to
you.

InfinatyBPS
10-22-2002, 08:53 PM
Jt Izes are super nice, comfy, don't fog, high quality, and if you have to puke, eat, or u just can't breath u can fold up the flexy part, and they are like $30 brand new. Best value IMO.