PDA

View Full Version : Low Pressure For Cocker???

Cockr+Mag1225
10-22-2002, 02:51 PM
I am seriously interested in going lowpressure with my cocker. What are some things i can do? Here's what i have on my gun: 45/4500 Pure energy nitro(high), Front Shocktech reg, Bomb 3-way, JJ 2 piece, Rico, ANS bolt, I shoot 32* Team colors. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!

TastePAINt88
10-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Well, you need a High flowing Valve, High flowing bolt (I suppose AKA would eb best for both of those options) an adjustable front reg and inline reg.Try and get areg with a gauge to, helps sooo muchAlso need a spring kit. Put in the hardest springs, with all the LP parts and adjustable regs.most liekly you will be pretty hot over the chrony, adjust your velocity to whatever is feild legal, and then start turning both regs down a bit, take 5 shots (yes 5, one shot will not allow the reg to adjust to the spring change it may need more shots) keep adjusting the inline reg until it fails to recock, and then turn it up until it recocks again, then do the same with the pnue reg until it fails to recock, then back up until it just barely recocks again, make sure yuo are still shooting feild legal. Then, if you are shooting feild legal, and you should be able to get pretty low. This will give you great efficancy with lower pressure. The theory is the non lp parts (venturi bolts) restrict flow, so they need more PSI going into them to fire the same ball as a lp bolt, with the high flowing parts, less PSI is required to go into them, meaning the valve doesnt need be open as long as it does with higher pressure parts, and thats wear the springs kick in, so the valve is open less time (less gas used) and a lower pressure is obtained, good luck. My recommended parts:
Palmers Micro/Mini/Rock Reg with Rock Screw(to adjust)
Palmers Stab w/ gauge
AKA Lightning Bolt
AKA Tornado Valve
Any spring kit with valve and bolt springs

Once again, good luck

milf350
10-25-2002, 02:32 AM
Well, thats not totally correct. You don't want the hardest possible springs, cause the efficiency wouldn't be that great, and you might actually have to raise the pressure. Here's one question you have to ask yourself, do you want the lowest possible pressure, or are you going for efficiency? if your going for efficiency keep the stock valve, lowest possible O.P. then get the AKA valve.

First thing you should do is get an externally adjustable reg, cause when you start tuning it gonna be a pain in the *** to have to adjust the stock reg. Second, get a 0-600 psi mini gauge and put it in the little hole under the front block, this will help to tell you your O.P. Since tolerances are not exact on all guns, no spring combo will give the same results on any gun. When you get your spring kit, try putting a valve spring in that is slightly heavier than your mainspring (that usually tends to be the most efficient). Once your guns all assembled, go to the chrono, start with your reg all the way down and slowly turn it up, eventually you'll get to a point where you can continue turning the reg up and your FPS will start to go down. Get a piece of paper and pencil. Record your highest FPS, and your pressure at that FPS, also the spring combo you used. Then switch your springs to a different combination, and repeat the previous steps. After your reach the highest FPS with each spring combo, record all your results. when your all done and you've tried every possible combo, look at all the notes you've taken. The spring combination that gives you the highest FPS at the lowest pressure will be your most efficient choice to use. This whole process will take you quite some time since there are 16-36 different combinations of springs (depending on which or how many spring kits you get), so make sure when you start this you have plenty of time to finish.

Ok, now as for the parts. If you want to go for the absolute lowest most efficient package and don't mind paying a premium price for it then you can go with the folowing:
AKA Lightning Bolt, Compulsive Edge Bolt, or Dezign Bolt
AKA Tornado Valve, MacDev Red Valve
AKA SideWinder Reg, MacDev Gladiator Reg, SP Max-Flo, Palmer Stabilizer

All those parts are gonna cost you a pretty penny though, and although they do improve performance, IMO they aren't worth the money you spend on them even though I own just about all of them ;).

If your on a budget stick with these:
Stock Bolt (although not the most efficient considering it's free and has an unrestricted flow, it's a great value)
Stock Valve (won't give you the lowest O.P. but are quite efficient)
As for regs I'd still go with the ones I listed above cause as with any marker consitency is very important and a good reg will get you that.

Well, this post was a little long, but I hope it was clear, easy to follow, and helpful too. If there's anything that was unclear or need explained a little better LMK, also if anyone feels anything was wrong please post and LMK. And if you need anymore help beyond this, you can catch me on aim at: milf350, I'll be more than happy to help.

Cockr+Mag1225
10-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks you guys soooo much. My aim is PaintballPro1225. Talk to you later!

-Cockr

Automaggin2
10-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Hmmm...you would want a good and efficiant ram. get the free flow (or SMC). You can get them to cock at 30 psi

and valves, free flow sells that tungsten valve thats very very efficient

Cockr+Mag1225
11-01-2002, 01:51 PM
k.....thanks!!!!!

-Cockr

11-01-2002, 06:39 PM
well, it is not easy to say that brand x ram is more efficent than brand y ram.

a ram has a fixed folume of air in the chamber of the ram to push the ram back, and to push the ram foward. well the rams with the larger diamiters/chambers can be operated at lower pressure. and the rams with smaller diamatiers/chambers will need to be operated at a higer pressure. as far as efficency goes, it dosen't matter as far as efficency goes, cause it takes the same amount of energy to kick the bolt back.

but, larger diamiter/volume rams are nicer imo because the running the ram at a lower pressure will avoid problems with the trigger sticking (caused by higher pressures).

well you can lower the energy it takes for the ram to cock the gun by a lighter hammerspring, and a heavier hammer.

11-01-2002, 06:44 PM
a heavy hammer with a lighter spring can acheve the same impact on the valve as a lighter hamer, and a heavier spring. having a lighter hammer spring will also lighten your trigger pull.

as far as valve springs go, you want to use the heaviest that you can get by shooting at 280fps at the pressure that you desire. why? because you want the valve to shut as rapidly as possible as soon as the paintball hits 280 fps.

11-01-2002, 06:53 PM
also, very wide open bolts hurt efficency. the air passages in the bolt face should be as close or a little larger in cross area to that of the cross area of the front of the bolt. because expanding the gas in the bolt does nothing to push the ball out of the barrel. the bolt tip should just be open enough to not hinder flow from the valve/air chamber.

as far as choosing barrels, ignore anything anyone has said to you about acceleration distances of the paintball to hit 280 fps. because you can shoot 280fps out of a 10in unported barrel, 280fps out of a 8 in unported barrel, 280 fps out of a 6 in unported barrel. so there is no set distance it takes to accelerate a paintball to 280 fps.

lowering the pressure or the flow rate will cause the acceleration distance of the paintball to increase. there is probally an ideal distance for acceleration of a paintball as far as effiency goes, if you lower your pressure too much, you will need a longer than idea distance to accelerate the paintball to 280 fps, and therefore your effency will be less than idea.

(more to come, gotta take off now)

Cockr+Mag1225
11-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Thank you peeps sooooo much. I recently got a JJ 2 piece, a FGP reg(shocktech), and a bomb(3-way). I went to the field on sat. and... WOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soo much improved. And was silenced by at least 4 times(i could acually feel the low pressure!!!). It'll take at least a week for me to digust all this info!:p C ya!

-Cockr