PDA

View Full Version : E-mag safety problems

Schnitzel
10-23-2002, 11:10 AM
I have a stock emag, not SFL or Extreme, and my safety has come out twice! i dont get it! is this some sort of flaw in design? had anybody else had problems with their safeties coming apart?

The first time i saw a safety come out on its own was when my brother was cleaning his emag. I saw the ball-bearing fall out, and we spent 15 minutes getting it back together. A few weeks later i was working on my emag and i noticed the safety ball-bearing was missing. I Used the spare emag magnets i had and put them on the ends of an allen wrench and 'swept' the floor, luckily i found it. Unfortunately, it happened again, and I cant find the ball-bearing... I vacumed all my floors and thoroughly checked all the bags, with no positive results. whats up with this? I never had any problems with my Minimag safety...this seems a bit weird. I havent used my emag since then, but i am worried that something could go wrong without a properly functioning safety. Does anybody have any suggestions/fixes? I really dont feel like calling AGD and asking for one, it's noe even worth the cost to mail it.

athomas
10-24-2002, 05:59 PM
I hate the safety on the emag. Mine got stuck "on" safety. I couldn't get the pin pushed out to use the gun. I had to force it and the ball bearing actually pushed through the inside wall of the emag grip, it was that tight. I haven't fixed it and I keep the safety out of the gun because I don't want it sticking again.