PDA

View Full Version : E-MAG battery...

Gotcha3
10-23-2002, 04:09 PM
OK, yesterday I posted a question asking about the use of 9V batteries in the E-MAG...and 18 people and counting have viewed the thread but nobody has responded yet. Therefore, I will rephrase my question...
Can the E-MAG be powered by two 9V batteries?
If so, is there a special adapter that one needs to obtain to put the 9V batteries into (so the batteries do not move around so freely when in the battery compartment)?
Thanks,
Aaron
P.S.--I tried calling AGD regarding this matter but the tech service is closed until 10-29 due to the World Cup
E-MAG:::::::D :::::::::D ::::::::::D Check It Ref!

banzaimf
10-23-2002, 04:52 PM
So far, no one has used 2 9 volt batteries and had it worked, that I know of.

gain_man
10-23-2002, 06:56 PM
this is a design they were going to implement in the original design but dropped it in the end, i know it says you can in the manual, but you cant. sorry. i know, i wanted it too, you lost your charger didnt you? haha, took me forever to get another one. it will work, but will drain the batts soo fast its not practical.

Gotcha3
10-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Haha--no I didnt lose my charger--i had my batteries go on me at a tournament and I had to switch it to manual (No time to charge it between games---from now on I'll top off the battery on the way to the field!!) Thanks for the input though.
Aaron
E-MAG::::::::D ::::::::D ::::::::::::::D Check It Ref!

athomas
10-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Standard nine volt batteries have the capacity to last quite a while on an emag. The problem is that they cannot deliver the instantaneous surge current required to activate the solenoid continuously in rapid fire conditions. Therefore, the emag will not fire reliably using standard alkaline batteries.