PDA

View Full Version : sfl vs. x-treme

Stoneman
10-23-2002, 05:57 PM
What is the difference between the sfl and the xtreme e-mag. I have done a search and could not find out alot of info. Which would you prefer?

Load SM5
10-23-2002, 06:02 PM
They have different milling. The extreems come with a lighter(3 oz) aluminum valve, level 10 and the ACE stock (SFL's are retrofitted free for the ACE and lvl 10). The extreems also have an on/off switch instead of the yellow pin.

That all being said I like the SFL milling better and am not concerned about the 3 oz of difference in the valves, or the pin.

magman007
10-23-2002, 06:06 PM
well im happy you searched

heres the skinny

Sfl is an extreme bodies e-mag, and it was the first to go into production. There was a limited run of them and that was of about 50 markers. They have been upgraded to extreme specs, or will be in the near future, and the upgrades are free to the owners of sfl's. The olny thing they will not get is the aluminum valve. THey are olny 3 ounces heavier than the CNC extremes. They also dont have the problems of mis matching anno. As of now, they come olny with a stock vert feed, with no low rise., but most owners, have just slipped the hopper over the feed stub
here is a pic thread with mine in it, i will be doing the same with my hopper once it gets to me http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54235

AS for extremes, well there are 2 versions. The CNC and the regular. Both have the valve, ace, lvl 10... There also the agd pruductiion model

THe cnc is lighter than the sfl by i believe 3-5 oz's (5 if you count with the valve) there not in full production yet, but will be shortly. there ecountering some problems wih anno and such.

Both operate the same as a regular lvl 10 e-mag

Both markers are dead sexy, but i prefer the sfl.. I always have, i like the utilitarian look over the curves

like dr marten shoes over nike

hope that helped, and welcome to AO

Stoneman
10-24-2002, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the help. I have an xtreme on order.