PDA

View Full Version : Laser Frame....

BenD
10-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Could they make a frame with a laser beam that dropped down from below, and when your figer crossed the beam it fired....

That would be soo cool,

IMO

FordPrefect
10-24-2002, 03:05 PM
First off, a trigger has to be a moving part. And it could be a safety concern, because anything could trigger it.

TastePAINt88
10-24-2002, 03:42 PM
I was thinking about something too......
have a small sensor transfer a beam in the frame, have a trigger, just have to disrupt this beam, it would need to hardly move, to disrupt the switch, and cause it to fire, but the safty would be something else though, it woudl have to be an electric safty switch, and be enginered for an electronic gun, liek for an Impulse, or a new frame or an EMag, that would connect to the board already in the mechanics of the gun, like another boardthat sends a signal to the board already in the gun to fire, get it? Oh great.......

yeahthatsme
10-25-2002, 10:02 AM
thats exactly what the trigger on the ir3 is. these ideas have been discussed. about 10-20 times each.

not to be mean or anything but you could have found lots and lots of info on this by doing a very simple search.

BenD
10-25-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
thats exactly what the trigger on the ir3 is. these ideas have been discussed. about 10-20 times each.

not to be mean or anything but you could have found lots and lots of info on this by doing a very simple search.

no i mean laser ONLY....ONLY. not a trigger that trips a laser, a laser that your finger trips....

xtreme paintball
10-26-2002, 01:20 AM
BenD,
Your idea is fesible, but also very impractical.

As FordPrefect said, this could present a major safety hazard, as it could be easily discharged if ANYTHING disrupted the beam. Just imagine, a speck of paint, dirt, whatever...covers the emitter, severing the beam. If the marker is set to full auto, it would then continue to fire nonstop until the lens(etc) has been completely cleaned. Even on semi auto, burst, etc, the marker would still discharge, presenting a safety risk.

Also, as most fields require the movement of a mechanical trigger for every shot, this wouldn't be allowed in most places, or in any tournament.

TastePAINt88
10-26-2002, 06:52 PM

Darn, no wonder they said no switch no bouce no wear in there add for the IR3.. sorry, i dont really look at angels that much, oops, sorry

yeahthatsme
10-26-2002, 06:55 PM
bend: thats why i said "these" applying to multiple things. i myself have posted the exact same thing as you. this has been discussed in great detail. you should thouroughly read a post before replying..... o and do a search:D

tastepaint: thats ok. honest mistake. i've done the same thing. its all part of the learning experience;)

Nomad
10-27-2002, 02:04 AM
What about something like a sequence of lasers and a motion sensor at the back of the frame as well as a another safety on the back of the grip?

Have it so that all three have to be activated before the gun would fire.

Or of course, I could be really stupid and this idea is the worst thing that ever came to my mind... (It's 1:17am here. Sleep deprevation)

Oh well. Here's a little visual aid I whipped up in about thirty seconds.

Shirow
10-27-2002, 08:00 AM
what would be the point?

FordPrefect
10-27-2002, 02:50 PM
There would still be no moving part.

Vegeta
10-28-2002, 08:26 PM
bend: thats why i said "these" applying to multiple things. i myself have posted the exact same thing as you. this has been discussed in great detail. you should thouroughly read a post before replying..... o and do a search:D

tastepaint: thats ok. honest mistake. i've done the same thing. its all part of the learning experience;)

ironic, isn't it yeathatsme?

yeahthatsme
11-05-2002, 08:18 AM
seems just like yesterday.....

confedman75
11-06-2002, 11:44 PM
wow youd be screwed when you take a shot there. "watch out run away gun!!!"

toymyster
11-10-2002, 02:56 AM
Guys, I hate to point out the obvious, but that is how the E-mag trigger works!! You are disrupthing a magnetic field when pulling the trigger, since it's a magnetic field, it's called a Hall effect!!! The effect is the same as an optical, laser, or infra-red sensor!!! Safer and more reliable too!!

joeyjoe367
11-17-2002, 04:29 PM
It's all been done before. I've seen a bushmaster with an infra-red eye that would sense when the user's finger passed by, and then triggered the firing sequence in the gun.

Nothing really new. I think I'd be able to pull the trigger faster on an RT'ed gun anyway.

ScatterPlot
11-18-2002, 12:56 AM
I just got back from a trip to Universal Studios and in the Men in Black gift shop they had a "phazer" gun that did this. It was called the "Air Trigger" It didn't have a vertical laser, but a horizontal one. Actually, it was infrared but same difference (for this). Anyway it didnt fire when in front of it, just close in frint of it. You had to just about touch or touch the back panel withyour finger to make it work. I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I felt kinda stupid playing with an Air Trigger Phazer Light super dooper whatever. It wouldn't fire unless your finger was actually in front of a little IR sensor.

paintballbeaver
11-18-2002, 09:38 PM
you guys have it all wrong the possibilitys would be endlesss on things you could use my first choice would be a reader eye set up off a revy hooked in with a basic stamp and you would have a e trigger everytime you break the beam it is fired not that complicated and the amount of time it would take to wire in a swith to be safe would be minimal

Conqueror
11-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
It's all been done before. I've seen a bushmaster with an infra-red eye that would sense when the user's finger passed by, and then triggered the firing sequence in the gun.

It was actually a magnetic reed switch. Dan had a magnet concealed in the tip of his glove's index finger, so when he donned the glove and put his trigger finger near the area where the trigger used to be, the reed switch closed and fired the marker. Like an E-mag, but with a different type of sensor.

CQ

Nomad
11-30-2002, 09:24 PM
Actually that's pretty neat. Firing a pb gun via a transmitter of some kind (in this case magnet) in the fore finger of the glove.

flanders
12-10-2002, 09:57 PM
the problem is if u shoot like i do, no finger on th trigger

and in a fire fight u dun want to ahve to clear the splatter off ur eye or turn it off clean teh gun turn it on again

mykroft
12-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Now what would be need would be a capacitance switch based trigger, where the trigger is only a sensor on the gripframe and your touch along the ridge activates it. Would be tricky to build though.