PDA

View Full Version : problems,mag dunno

ICOM
10-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Ok today i was playing indoor. For some reason i was breaking paint. It wasn;t really chopping... More like lots and lots of barrel breaks. The paint matched the bore size just fine. I have no clue why. My Mag failed me today :(

petefol
10-23-2002, 10:04 PM
did you check inside the barrel to see if something was stuck in there that caused the balls to break?

ICOM
10-24-2002, 08:57 AM
yea i even washed it. It seemed like it was chopping but only part that got paint on/in it was the end of the barrel, bolt was clean and everything. I never chopped like this before.

FrAuStY
10-24-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ICOM
yea i even washed it. It seemed like it was chopping but only part that got paint on/in it was the end of the barrel, bolt was clean and everything. I never chopped like this before.

If you never chopped like this before.. why you blaming the gun? It could have been shoddy paint!

It's happened to me... I went picked up a case of severe from a local field.. shot 6 rounds (prior to LVL10 mind you ;)) and bleh.. out the feed tube like a squib. Cleaned bolt/barrel... 5 more shots. .bleh! I was like wtf... change barrels... bleh... changed paint.. voila! Needless to say I sold the remainder of the case for what I paid for it.. and picked up a case of rps el tigre, no problems.

Do you have LVL10? If not.. you may want to save for it.. I mean even if you normally don't EVER break paint.. let me tell you.. it's one of the best things I've spent my money on.. other than the warp ;)

ogre55
10-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Hell that happened to me during the 1st two games of the AO LI 3-man tounry at PB Arena. First two games I had barrel breaks after firing 5-10 rounds.

As for severe, I can vouch for it's crapiness. It's tiny bore, so with my HALO, which force feeds balls into the marker, the paint would just roll down the barrel, right past the detent. I would get constant double shots, followed by barrel EXPLOSIONS as one ball gets shot down the barrel, only to collide with another one that is rolling down the barrel.

I got a Freak set, after that day.

Also, ICOM, what kind of detent nubbins are you using? I have replaced all my wires detents with plastic ones because they are easier on paint.

Ogre

ICOM
10-24-2002, 01:55 PM
I remember you having problems orge at li ao meet. Its their field paint, cause later on that night i switched to midnight it worked fine. Also i think is should get rid of my metal wire detents.. and get what you got. I am not really blaming my gun and all. I just got pissed so had to take my anger out.

I was talking to a guy at the arena and he said his gun has trouble with their field paint too.

Ironmag
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Same thing happened to me and some friends 2 weeks ago. It looked like sprinkles were coming out of our barrels that day. I know it wasn't the gun cause I have lvl 10 in it. Needless to say, changed paint and problem solved.