PDA

View Full Version : RT mag problem

KRS1
10-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I have an older RT mag.compleatly stock.
The gun shoots fine but the R/t never kicks in.
I have the gun running off an armageddon adj. reg.

I air up the gun to 800psi and i have to have the reg on the gun backed all the way out or air just dumps through the gun.
I slowly crank the velocity screw in until the bolt responds. but somtimes i have to keep cranking it in and out before it finally seats .

Now after i finnaly get the gun to hold air and shoot at a decent velocity, the R/T almost never kicks in.

I'm not familiar with R/T mags and none of my friends have one so I have nothing to compare it to. I assume that the R/T is suppose to work like a Tippmann RT is this true?
I'm exspecting to find the sweet spot and let the thing rip like a full auto, but the best it will do is maybe a 2 or 3 shot burst. What am I doing wrong please help.

battlegroup
10-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about with the velocity adjuster on the back of the gun but trying this should help.

First when you gas up your gun, hold the trigger back in the firing position. This should prevent air gooing down the barrel. If it doesn't then look at your bolt spring. It may be too short. Stick it on the bolt and if it isn't longer than the bolt, it is too short. once you get the gun gassed up use the velocity adjuster and set the velocity. The recative trigger is a function of input pressure. The higher the input pressure the higher the reactiveness. once you have you velocity set. Adjust the output pressure of your compressed air tank. Make a small turn and fire the gun to see how it affects the reactiveness. I know the reactiveness starts to go away around 750psi input pressure. If you are running 800psi there might not be enough pressure to feel the RT. Or it may be that you guage is off and reading the wrong value. anyway, try turning up the input pressure in small increments and firing the gun in between each change and see if that helps.