PDA

View Full Version : Hose length

Derman2k
10-24-2002, 06:07 PM
I've got a 68 automag with the Flatline Nitro system connected to an ACI gas-thru forgrip with microline. From the vertical adapter i'm using steel braided hose which i like. I used the gun for the first time at a field this weekend and the velocity wasn't very consistent...I was thinking it could be that the microline wasn't getting enough air to the valve so i want to buy some macroline or steel hose. Is the microline even the problem? If so, what length should i cut the macroline/buy the hose? Which do you think would be better? The macroline or Steel Braided?

Sorry for the long explanation...

spazzed
10-24-2002, 08:34 PM
They'll both serve the same purpose, so it really comes down to preference.

Do you like the sleek look of the macro, or the purty SS ?

BeerCitySk8brds
10-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Make sure enough air is getting into it. Check first gauge I believe.

I get my flatline this weekend probably.

TheTramp
10-25-2002, 02:43 PM
The micro line might be restricting your air flow at high rates of fire but it shouldn't effect consistancy.

I would disasemble your flatline reg and perform the o-ring maintence. I would also check the reg. seat in your AIR valve. Unfortunatly, when you take the valve halves apart to check the seat you'll have to replace the seat even if it's in good shape.

Derman2k
10-25-2002, 04:50 PM
OK...thanks for all the help. I'm gonna go out on sunday so when i get home and my tank is empty I'll check the flatline
Thanks again

Nobody077
10-28-2002, 12:23 AM
You may want to check your Regulator Seat in your A.I.R. valve, If the seat is bad or dirty it will cause bad consistancy. As for the Microline I would suggest upgrading it to SS house or atleast Macroline to prevent starving your gun