PDA

View Full Version : Can I at least throw the dice to cause a welt .....

lopxtc
10-24-2002, 08:36 PM
I have now seen it all ... I could accept Paintball on the PC, but this is just lame ...

For all those people who just couldnt get the girl slaying the little lead dragon ... now you can also fail to get the girl while pretending to wipe ...

Introducing the paintball board(bored?) game ...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow1/MVC030S.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow1/MVC031S.jpg

Aaron

magman007
10-24-2002, 08:46 PM
i would just use that for tactics, i hate drawing on the white board any ways..... It is supposed to take 2 hours... why? why take a fast paced game, slow it down, and put it on a table? WHY?

TippmannMan
10-24-2002, 08:53 PM
for some reason if it were cheap enough i would buy it. not to play it but the sheer novelty :p

FordPrefect
10-24-2002, 08:58 PM
It was made so that the Warhammer people, the ones that suck at paintball, could feel like they are doing something "extreme", while still playing Warhammer.

No offense to people who play Warhammer, as a couple of my teammates do. It could probably be used in tournaments as a replacment for the dry erase board, as magman said.

Spray Painter
10-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by magman007
i would just use that for tactics

thats an awesome idea!!!i like it:D...

yeahthatsme
10-24-2002, 09:01 PM
haha. thats funny. looks alot like bloodbowl( football on a board with warhammer peeps:D) looks good for tourney strat as was mentioned.

freek133
10-24-2002, 09:48 PM
I could see it now.....

"haha, I bunkered your a**!!!!!!"
"no you didnt,..... it bounced!!!, your guns shooting hot anyway!"
"no, I bunkered you and its there, you cant wipe it, thats cheating!! Now give me your player now... [/places board game player to the side and smiles at opponent with arms crossed]

.....yep, that wasnt as funny as I thought it would be..:mad:

halB
10-24-2002, 10:12 PM
thanks to my freak insert of god, my gun gets a 1d8 bonus to hit chance and a 4d6 break bonus, but only if i dont fail my saving throw!!

actually, i think that would be cool if you could play it in an hour, cause then id play that in my phtography class.

Mantis
10-24-2002, 11:45 PM
I like to play paintball.
I also like to play Warhammer.
I also like to some role playing games, and card games, and video games, and computer games, and read books, and comics.
Don't diss on somebody's hobbies, they do it because they have fun. Or maybe I should tell you about "these crazy people that play war in the woods with fake guns."

lopxtc
10-25-2002, 12:11 AM
I've been playing D&D since the original little white books hit the shelves ...

I've been playing Warhammer(Fant, 40k, etc, etc) Since 1990 ...

I sold my Magic collection for $6,000+ in 1996 ...

*L* I have the right to make fun of this if I please ... :), just as you have the right to defend it ...

Aaron

Originally posted by Mantis
I like to play paintball.
I also like to play Warhammer.
I also like to some role playing games, and card games, and video games, and computer games, and read books, and comics.
Don't diss on somebody's hobbies, they do it because they have fun. Or maybe I should tell you about "these crazy people that play war in the woods with fake guns."

Pand0ra
10-25-2002, 06:36 AM
It'a a funny game. I saw it for the first time at Toulouse.
With a new extension comming end of this year it'll even be possible to wipe in the game, or take into account the behavior of the refs hehehe.

As some said, it's also a nice way to study the fields before a competition (even if a world builder on PC is a lot better for this purpose).

@++

lopxtc
10-25-2002, 09:59 AM
As a tactical aid, I can see its benefit .... kind of reminds me of the "Sand Box" idea that we used in the Marines ...

But as a game ... and then to read also that they are trying to make a CCG of Paintball ... hmmm

Aaron

Sledgehammer
10-25-2002, 10:18 AM
I haven't seen the game in person, but if it's anywhere near Blood Bowl in gameplay, I'd buy it...

Blood Bowl rocks :D :D :D

shartley
10-25-2002, 10:21 AM
I think it is a good idea. Most other sports have similar games. And for those of us who like the idea of getting Paintball out to the general public, this is a good thing. Grab up a few of them and give them as gifts to the kids of your relatives or friends. From playing the board game, they may want to know how it REALLY is… ;)

lopxtc
10-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Okay curse you all .. I was just about dead-set against this thing ... till you all started talking about BloodBowl ...

Damn, now I may have to buy a copy.

Aaron

Sledgehammer
10-25-2002, 04:04 PM
Can't really tell from the pictures, but the minitures don't look like they atre worth painting :p

Hmmm, maybe ask GW or someone to make tin paintball minis :D :cool:

Jonno06
10-25-2002, 04:19 PM
lol,thats plain awesome!!!!

i want it either for novelty,or for tactical reasons..

that guy is a genius..not like everyone on this board has never thought of that..

Snooky
10-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Now the only reason to buy this is to use it as a drinking game. 1 shot per player tagged out.

Anyway I like the idea.