PDA

View Full Version : Semi auto talon

Ryderdude15
10-25-2002, 02:38 PM
hey guys, I'm not sure if this is going to be deep enough but I had to post. I'm a sophmore in H.S. and for a project in shop class I'm making a semi auto talon. I plan on using a model 98 valve, bolt, trigger etc. Does anyone know if a diff. valve assey and everything would work better? maybe a spyder valve or something? also can you guys lemme know of anything i might of forgotten when going about this project? thanks
Erick

paintballbeaver
11-04-2002, 10:50 PM
well you picked the best valve besides agd valves the only problem i would forsee is that the blow back from the vavle would expoled the talon un less you were to sleve the gun with a thin wall pipe your other option is to buy a autococker reg , ram and 3 way and turn it into an autococker witch would be easier in my opinion then a 98 valve forced into a talon body

toymyster
11-10-2002, 03:07 AM
Beaver is absolutely right!! Why make it blowback at all??? You could use the LPR, Three-way, and Ram out of a cocker and make the ram rack the pump!!! All you will have to do is figure out a way to secure these parts to the talon body, and fabricate the trigger rod and pump rod!! That is, after all, how the Autococker came about!!! I also think that would be simpler than trying to convert the talon into a blowback!! That is a cool project!! Make sure you post pictures of the finished product

Ryderdude15
11-10-2002, 03:45 PM
thanks guys. i'm gonna order the parts monday and hopefully my talon should be done real soon. as soon as i get my camera software installed on my computer again i'll post pics of the finished product. thanks for the input.
Erick

Sn1p3R21
11-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Already been done. http://www.bithose.com/jakari/talon.html
Maybe this will give you some ideas though.

SPOOKI
11-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Wow, that's just silliness... I can understand the desire to build this thing for shop class like you're doing. That's pretty cool to mess around with, but what ever possessed that guy to build an autotalon. I don't even know how to respond to that... Anyway, good luck with your project. I hope it gets you an A...

-Lance

Crimson_Turkey
11-20-2002, 12:23 PM
If you make it still look like a normal talon, yet basically make it into a cocker people will underestimate you. Also people will probably stop and stare while you are shooting in game. Get a bigger hopper.

HoppysMag
11-23-2002, 10:04 PM
i actualy had a design for a blow forward electrophnumatic talon over @ PBC.. take the talon bolt, stick a spring on the front of it. put a solinoid behind the bolt with a "Power tube" goin to the bolt and use a micro switch to shoot the thing... i too suggest sleeveing it and venting it good.:D good luck, keep us updated... next year ( senior year in HS for me) im gettin all my buds into the same shop and were gunna make a spyder clone or something...

Ryderdude15
11-24-2002, 02:01 AM
hey guys, while working on my semi auto talon something major happened.... the left half of the body snapped. now i'm searching for a talon for cheap so i can continue my project. thanks for all the info guys, it's all being put to real good use. i'll let you guys know when i have this project under construction again but right now it doesnt look too good. peace
Erick

Trench
11-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Uh oh... Hope yo uget a hold of one... If I had one I would send it to ya... sorry I dont...

HoppysMag
11-24-2002, 08:29 PM
bay of the E... EBAY always has talons for like 10$