PDA

View Full Version : 2K3 World Cup......... Failure?

Ov3rmind
10-25-2002, 06:27 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this years World Cup has seen a fair share of crap, stupidity, and disappointment. Ranging from the disgusting display of cheating by Jeremy Salm (worst I've ever heard of, resulting in the ejection of Avalanche from the tourney) and the much talked about terrible reffing, to the no show of Warped Sportz and the report of the PRO ref in training caught trying to steal an Angel from the WDP booth (this guy almost became an official NPPL ref, think about what could have happened to other people's guns later). After reading many articles and hearing from other people, it's like one bad incident after the next. Granted things could have been much worse, I don't remember the 2K1 World Cup being this bad.

I guess "failure" might be too strong of a word, but this year's Cup certainly hasn't been too spectacular.

Me
10-25-2002, 06:44 PM
what did he do to get the team ejected?

Ov3rmind
10-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Jeremy Salm (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54477)
This is making a ton of noise within the paintball community, it's disgusting and shameful.

spazzed
10-25-2002, 06:54 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54477

10-25-2002, 07:12 PM
It certainly wasnt one of the best

bunkerking
10-25-2002, 07:15 PM
um, this was the 2k2 world cup, not the 2k3.

FalconGuy016
10-25-2002, 07:28 PM
seriously?

Blazestorm
10-25-2002, 08:31 PM
What's the date?

10/25/2002

:D

Ov3rmind
10-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Oops, consider it edited.

temps
10-25-2002, 09:51 PM
"We, Team Avalanche, would like to apologize to our sponsors and our fans for the actions of one individual, who is no longer on our team. Although, as a team we take full responsibility, we would like everyone to understand that we were unaware of what had transpired until after the fact. Also, we would like to state that the decision made by the rules committee was the correct one."

I hope there telling the truth, and not just putting all the blame on Slam, to get out of being help responsible. :(

That is the stupidist thing I have ever heard! My god! I'm soooo glad he was caught imagin if he wasn't! If I was Pete Utschig I would have given him a couple good punches once i caught him. Make him wonder how he got hit, if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

*more ranting*

Bloody Bast*** discracing paintballs good name! :mad:

*more cursing*

Hes lucky I'm no where near him! :mad:

*more ranting*

Ok I've gotten it out of my system.. well not quite yet... but it will have to do for now.

FordPrefect
10-25-2002, 10:28 PM
I guess that this Cup hasn't been the best. Man, that Avalanche thing just sucks.

yeahthatsme
10-25-2002, 11:50 PM
over all i think this cup was terrible. i hope nothing like this ever happens again. this is exactly what paintball shouldnt be. i think the "pro" devision should be broken up and the players forced onto ameture teams and that prize money and entry fee's be eliminated. and that paintball be turned into a game for fun again. not for money or fame or any of that bull****. people get so caught up in this that they forget what this no matter how extreme is meant to be fun, and cheating isnt fun and it isnt right and any cheating no matter what kind( unless it was out of the players control) should cause an immediate ban from paintball circuits. this shouldnt be tolerated. it shouldnt be.

FeelTheRT
10-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bunkerking
um, this was the 2k2 world cup, not the 2k3.

Well... it could be your poor gramar that's confusing him ;). "...this was the 2k2 World Cup...". Using the word "was" indicates that it has already happened. What you should say is "... this is the 2002 World Cup, not the 2003".
:rolleyes: :p