PDA

View Full Version : Emag Problems

dnm5d
10-26-2002, 02:45 PM
I just bought an emag, and I can't get it to run in E-mode. I charged the battery until I got the green light, and tried to run the emag but nothing happened. I noticed that when I get the green light from charging, then disconnect it and try to recharge again right away, it goes back to the red light and doesnt reach green for a while. Is this a dead battery or am I just doing something wrong? I've been pressing the buttons on the back of the grip frame...I'm guessing thats how you turn this thing on? I do not have that little plastic thing inserted that disengages the battery in the battery compartment.

Dayspring
10-26-2002, 03:48 PM
The eletronics are on the moment the yellow pin is pulled. You have to give the gun a minute to boot up before pulling the trigger. The buttons on the back are for the menus.

Also, are you sure the safety is off? It's on the back/ top side of the grip.

Make sure the manual/hybrid/emode selector is fully locked on the correct mode, otherwise it may not fire.

Lastly- make sure there's a magnet in the trigger. The electronics have a sensor to pick up the magnetic field and that triggers the firing sequence. If that magnet is gone, the gun won't fire.

PS- WATCH THE VIDEO.

dnm5d
10-27-2002, 07:14 PM
Dayspring, safety's off, manual/hybrid/emode selector is fully locked in correct mode, and there's a magnet in the trigger. Unfortunately I bought it used and it didnt come with the video. I read the online manual but that didn't help. I guess I'll be calling AGD Tech tomorrow to send this in.

athomas
10-28-2002, 06:02 PM
When you connect the battery, does the LED display on the bottom of the grip light up and give you the electronics version number?

Has the trigger magnet ever been changed or removed and replaced? If the trigger magnet is on backwards, the gun will not fire in electronic mode.

If the gun is actually turning on as indicated by the LED lighting up, try backing off the trigger magnet by screwing it further into the trigger. Once the trigger magnet is adjusted to its farthest point, put the selector switch in emode and pull the trigger. With the trigger held, gradually adjust the trigger magnet towards the frame until the gun fires. From this point, you can adjust the trigger the way it suites your firing style.

If the gun is not turning on, then check if the battery is getting a charge by measuring the voltage of the battery after a charge. It should read 16.8v using a voltmeter. You may have to check all connections in the gun between the battery and the electronics circuit board to see if a wire has gotten pinched.

dnm5d
10-28-2002, 07:00 PM
athomas I love you man! its alive! Thanks to all for the help...phew...I guess the previous owner was messing with the trigger magnet. Oh happy days :D