PDA

View Full Version : My Level 10 Situation...???

Gotcha3
10-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Hi all--Just got my Level 10 installed today but...
The only time I have got it to fire normally so far was with the brass spring that comes with the kit--and my stock spring. I have put two shims in and like I said--it works fine, although it seems like the bolt could still chop a ball(I fired it against my finger (mildly painful)). I tried both other springs and there is no leak at first--but then when I fire the gun...the bolt comes partially forward and just vents air!!?? How can I fix this??
Thanks,
Aaron
P.S.--I have team practice tomorrow--so although its pretty late--I would most definitely enjoy a timely response. Thank you.
E-MAG:::::::D :::D :::::::::::D Check It Ref!

SeeK
10-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Sounds like the carrier is too tight and needs oil. It will probably start leaking after a few hundred shots because the O-ring will break in. At that point you need to move to the next smaller carrier with the same O-ring and oil everything agin. Did I mention oil? :)

darklord
10-27-2002, 01:28 AM
try a different carrier. I'd start with the 3.0 and work your way down...shims aren't necessary unless the bolt is sticking a lot. I ended up needing the 2.5 and the shortest spring, and I tried 2.0 and under up til 0, and nothing worked. 2.5 ended up being it for me. Oil the o-rings on the carrier, too.

virus
10-27-2002, 03:08 AM
oil up your mag and most likely you need to turn the velocity up.... i would also switch to the cut spring before doing this.....

most people forget to turn the gun up when they install the level 10... the extra pressure is to get rid of the problem you are having..... of course once you get it firing the way you remember it sounding you will need to put it over a chrono to fine tune it the rest of the way

Gotcha3
10-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies...I got it working!
For anyone who does read this post...
I used the 1.0 Carrier, 2 Shims and the Longest Spring. AWESOME!! However, I am still looking to make the impact a little less (Cuz I'm like that)!
Thanks,
Aaron
LvL 10 E-MAG:::::::D :::::::::D :::D Check It Ref!

hitech
10-28-2002, 01:45 PM
You can make the impact less by using a smaller carrier. You can keep going tighter until yuou get the results you want. However, you MUST keep it well oiled or it may just refuse to fire.

Tuning:

Let's say your target FPS is 290. You want to be able to turn the velocity down to 270 before it starts refusing to fire. Any higher and you have to great a risk of the marker refusing to fire.