PDA

View Full Version : safety question

fiendkuja
10-26-2002, 11:36 PM
I recently got a mag with a DYE 2-finger grip... but the safety is missing, and that yields it no good to me. Is it possible to have a safety installed?

Smokee_2_7
10-27-2002, 12:59 AM
Probably, yes. contact dye (www.dyeprecision.com) for info about getting one.

However- - I can understand why you would want a safety, but I dont believe that the frame is totally useless and unsafe without one. Do you have a powerfeed body? If so, turn the powerfeed plug around and fire the last ball out before you leave the goggles on area. Do you use barrel plugs? switch to barrel bags. Bags do a great job of preventing an accidental discharge, Especially when the feed system is cut off, and its impossible for a ball to fall in the chamber. Aditionally, Im sure that you keep your finger off and away from the trigger (which I'm sure has a trigger guard to help prevent accidental discharges)

I suppose that my point is this. I am a safety freak. I have form tackled 56 year old men and 14 year old girls alike for removing goggles on the field during a game.(take them to the ground, bury their face in my chest until the game stops and everyone is plugged) I regularly make people sit out of games, and expel players from the field because of safety violations. With all of the additional safety percautions in place, I feel that a physical cross-block style safety is somewhat triple redundant (although not a 'bad idea',). Neither of my retromags have a sefety, and I have never had a case of accidental discharge from either gun. I always twist the powerfeed plug, and fire off the last shot. Then plug/ bag the barrel.

Anyway, It does come down to personal preference, and how you feel that you can best protect the safety of yourself and others.

Hope Dye can set you up with the parts you need,

Carl

fiendkuja
10-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Only places to play around here require you to have one installed. You can't have a modified frame that lacks a safety or a trigger frame or they don't let you on the field.

Smokee_2_7
10-27-2002, 07:32 PM
Ah, I see. Now I understand completely. like I said, contacting DYE is your best bet.

Carl

spazzed
10-27-2002, 11:10 PM
I had a dye2x & as it turns out, the hole for the bearing, spring & screw isn't threaded. What I ended up doing was getting a 2nd safety spring & putting it in there on top of the other, then stick the frame on the rail & you'll be good to go.

I know Tunaman has safety kits, so if you need one, he'll hook you up.

fiendkuja
10-28-2002, 12:18 AM
Man, he seems to be the go-to guy. Lol. I'll have to PM him.

spazzed
10-28-2002, 01:11 AM
He usually is ;-)

He's part of the "Big 3" that I refer people too... Tuna just happens to be the only one I Know has safety stuff. I bought one from him :D

fiendkuja
10-28-2002, 11:12 AM
sounds good. hope i can get this straightened out. :) thx

spazzed
10-28-2002, 11:18 AM
No Prob ;)