PDA

View Full Version : Calling all SFL Owners .....TEAM SFL

magman007
10-27-2002, 01:39 PM
OK ,i had ben thinking about this for a while, and had mentioned it to Load Sm5 Before in the chat, as an idea to kick around... But at the 2003 World Cup, Load and I both very much want to play in the cup. I was thinking, why not take it a step further... And do an all Sfl Team. Just something a little more special... IF we cant rank enough sfl owners up, maybe an extreme team, or an e-mag team. Either way it would be cool.

I was hoping to play in the 5 man competition in either rookie or novice. I havnt played NPPL circuit yet, so im not registered with them, and they dont know i exist. I am elligible for either class. I currently play southamerican Mellenium series here, and were in the Novice/ amateur level, since all teams interplay eachother.

I was hoping we may be able to snag Spacemanspiff, Would you be interested? How about you Kutter... Any opne really. This is for fun. But an all sfl team would kick. HEy, worst comes to worst, we can do an all ao team. Load and i just seemed like it would be fun. Right now, i can go to cup. I want to here if it is at all possible. THere is nothing better than planing a year ahead, and making sure you can go. THat is why i posted this. PLease guys, if your interested in playin, lemme know

Kevmaster
10-27-2002, 02:13 PM
im going to be doing the 2k3 IAO with the Rainmaker "All Stars" an all Rainmaker Team and would love to hop on an Emag team..i dont have a SFL, but a CnC Extreme

Koosh
10-27-2002, 02:43 PM
I would love to part of an all SFL team...

but there are a few problems:

1. I suck at paintball... no really, it is embarrassing really! I just got a high end gun to make up for my lack of skill!

2. I most likely wouldn't have the cash to fly wherever the WC is (Is it always in florida?) and pay for whatever fees are involved (not to mention a hotel etc...)

3. Read number one again

4. Assuming I still have a SFL then (read my other thread)

But if between now and next year anything changes (like I win the lotto, or gain skill) I would love to do it.

magman007
10-27-2002, 03:05 PM
Well, as i said, im looking for people who can commit asap, It is better to commit now, and get all the stops worked out, than wait till a month before and do it like that. I have just Asked Brian terry to do it, and he said he would do a 5 man competition. Kev, I willdiffinitely keep you in mind. Right now were lookin to play novice.

Brian terry is Amateur and looking to turn pro next year. It is alloted one pro or ameteur player on novice team. So, we are looking for other novices or rookies for the team.

Koosh, if you still have your sfl and can earn the money, come on down. Skill doesnt bother me. THis is all for fun. I just think it would be fun to tear up the field with some nice sfl's and/or extremes depending.

Also, im just trying to get the team co ordinated. Try to get something together that we an work with. When it comes time, we can all pick an adult to be captain and help us with the things and such.

WHat posistions do you play? i usually play back left or right depending. Im a lefty, so depending on the angles i can get, playing back right can have its advantages... Any one else interested??

SlipknotX556
10-27-2002, 03:17 PM
Well if you guys decide to do an all emag team, give me a ring.

magman007
10-27-2002, 03:23 PM
will keep you in mind Slippy

magman007
10-27-2002, 03:32 PM
UPDATE Brian terry said he can work on some things to take care of paint... Deffinitely an added incentive!

Jonno06
10-27-2002, 03:46 PM
if someone lets me barrow their emag ill play..or if i buy one by then...which is very high percent...like 99%...but yea...hopefully ill have an emag by then,and i would love to play with you guys..

btw,i play any position..

Blennidae
10-27-2002, 04:06 PM
Team SFL? Shocktech makes more than one type of SFL marker. Are you planing on strictly SFL Emags, or is any SFL welcome. Is SFL a registered trademark?

I don't own one (of any type), just curious.

spacemanspiff
10-27-2002, 04:28 PM
I asked my SFL and we would be happy to join your all SFL E-mag team. Now what kinda name are we going to use? Do we wanna call ourselves the AO SFLers, CrazyCircusMonkeys or something along those lines.

jeffremiller
10-27-2002, 04:39 PM
I'd be interested...

J_

Jacob
10-27-2002, 05:06 PM
I might be interested, so long as I'm not a)playing w/ another team, b)dirt poor, c)dead, or d)busy hiding in the woods like a "professional" player.

Koosh
10-27-2002, 05:09 PM
As for the name, I think that The Rabid Wolverines, or maybe The Raging Alcoholics would work well... even if it doesnt have SFL or AO in the title...

Just my idea though ;) :D ;)

Jacob
10-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Or, for a name, keep with the SFL theme:
the Semper Fi Llamas
Stricken For Life
the Super Furry Legion

or, spell SFL backwards, and what do you have?
LFS
add the E from Emag and you have ELFS

coincidence?

Sorry I cant come up with any better ideas, but I am just Super F-ing Lazy

Creative Mayhem
10-27-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Jacob
I might be interested, so long as I'm not a)playing w/ another team, b)dirt poor, c)dead, or d)busy hiding in the woods like a "professional" player.

D = RLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

When I get my Emag I will gladly join your rag tag group of AOers! Where is 2003WC anyway? Gotta know how much to save up for..... the CDN/USD exchange....
$1US = $1million CDN:( :mad:

C Mayhem
AKA Purple Wang

dansim
10-27-2002, 05:34 PM
dude let me know ill go get a matrix and ill even wear a sock hat.....can i be captain?;)

magman007
10-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Well spiff, Welcome aboard! You wanna pick the team name? be my guest! HAve fun with this one!!!

PErsonally i like Semper Fi Llamas, but its up to you man!

So far on the roster we have

Spaceman Spiff
LoadSm5
ME
Brian Terry

Those are the sfl e-maggers that i guess we can say are pre confirmed. What posistions do you all play?

As for Sfl's i meant sfl e-mags... Trying to get an all exclusive team here of markers, just because it would look cool..... OR at least all e-mags.

MAybe we can do 2 5 man teams if we get enough...

Also, any ideal on jersey color, and possibly what jersies you wanna wear? Spiff and Load i know you guys are pretty stylish...

Also, load, would you mind a few mask stickers for the team? gotta be stylish!

Everyone will be considered, im not making cuts or any thing, just trying to be fair. Of course, sfl owners will be considered first.

LOL dansim

Remember, i just want to have fun. Thats all.. Sportsmanship is always number one in my book.... Plus it looks really good!

Kevmaster
10-27-2002, 06:57 PM
im a front player converted back. i can do back pretty well, but my main expertiese and majority of my experience is front. im also a Paintball Inc dealer so if you need some help getting a sponsor, Paintball Inc is already on board with my local team....

jeffremiller
10-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Leaving me out already... Do I suck that bad? Well, I guess I said interested... not definite. But I would definitely be interested.

Anyway... to ram my two cents in this:

I like the Llama's name.

As far as colors, etc... my answer will always be PURPLE!!!

Just because.

J_

magman007
10-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Kevmaster, if your able to play, welcome aboard.... Hell 4 sfl's and one extreme aint bad is it?

IF you can get us that sponsor, go for it. That would make life so much easier... MAybe ask em to sponsor our entry fee? that would be quite helpfull, or if you want, you can push for the hotel rooms also! lol. Once we decide on jersies, tell them we will proudly wear their patch or what ever on out jersies, hold their banner if we do well, etc. Guys, if we have enough, and some one else wants to branch out, why not have 2 teams?

We cant do a 10 man, because then we would loose brian terry, and that would mean loosing paint... that isnt good thing.

Guts, if your still interested, lmk, the more the merrier, the more teams the better

Koosh
10-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Well don't count me out... I know I will be able to save up whatever cash it takes within a year, even if I have to buy another SFL...

I just won't be able to COMMIT! for a month or two... need a steady job, and I need to pay off some bills... Man, I hate college!

Just for a FYI, How old is everyone interested in starting a team? I am 18 just to start it off...

magman007
10-27-2002, 10:11 PM
16, will be 17 for the cup

Load SM5
10-27-2002, 10:18 PM
I'll be 31 by then.

spazzed
10-27-2002, 10:59 PM
LOL! I find that really amuzing. First couple guys age-wise are 16-18, then load breaks out the big ole 31 :D

Koosh
10-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Nothing wrong with a little *ahem* "experience" *ahem* on the team... heheheh...

Load SM5
10-27-2002, 11:02 PM
That's funny exactly how, there, young feller?

Don't make me get my walker, hobble over there and cane you.

Koosh
10-27-2002, 11:16 PM
You are correct, that was not funny on all accounts, and I apologize completely

{snicker, snicker}:p

Load SM5
10-27-2002, 11:28 PM
I was refering to Spazzed. I did'nt even see your post. My eyesite must be going.

spazzed
10-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Do I even need to say anything? Methinks load's doing a good job w/out any assistance from me :D

jeffremiller
10-28-2002, 08:00 AM
For what it's worth... I'm 32 so even Load is a whipper snapper :)

Also, I prefer to play mid... back is probably best for me due to my size (6'6") As it is now... I play mid to back.

J_

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 08:04 AM
Well goody, We can go have a round of post game Ensures at Cup next year.

jeffremiller
10-28-2002, 08:06 AM
If it weren't for the SFL naming convention....

working the word Geriatric into the name would be a possibility :)

J_

Kevmaster
10-28-2002, 08:28 AM
yeh man. i dont think now would be the time to talk to Pi about getting the $$$fro entry from them, but what kind of money am i looking at? also, i have a feeling they are going to want us to wear at a minimum their pants and maybe their jerseys. their jerseys arnt even that bad. they can get things written on them and we can filli t out with patches and such

ill be 18 by the WC

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 08:39 AM
What kind of pants and jersey's?

dansim
10-28-2002, 09:23 AM
if i still have my extreem by the cup will i qualify?:cool:

spazzed
10-28-2002, 10:09 AM
I might be able to hook you up w/ a couple cases of Ensures, Load ;) We've gotta keep your fluids up, and out :D *snicker*

magman007
10-28-2002, 11:37 AM
well, i think usual 5 man entry is like 200-250... i wouldnt mind wearing their pants or jersies, that means that is one less thing to worry about picking out.....

As for other stuff, do they make Paintball inc Depends adult diapers? you know, like the bob long seires or something? we might need them for the...more experienced ones....

Lol just raggin you..........

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 11:40 AM
All of you can bite me. I'm playing back and shooting you all in the head off the break.

magman007
10-28-2002, 11:41 AM
load, how are you shooting me in the head if im in the back with you???

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
I'll manage...

datapimp69
10-28-2002, 12:36 PM
well, if you guys still need, me and my extreem would love to.

and why not maybe have 2 teams a 5 and a 10 man.

i know you dont want to lose terry on the 5 man.

but we could make a 10 man of all slf's and extreems or just a 10 man of all AO guys.

Timmee
10-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Here's a team suggestion: The Radioactive Dustbunnies. Granted, it doesn't have the initials S,F, or L, but it's still a cool name. I'd volunteer to play, but I don't know if I'll have an Extreme or SFL by then. Couple that with the fact that I have no game, and I'm not a good choice for a teammate. If I can go to the World Cup next year, though, I'll go (I'll bring my digital camera).

jeffremiller
10-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Age and trechery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm....

J_

Kevmaster
10-28-2002, 02:27 PM
here are some pics of things i know they could hook us up with cheapo

http://www.paintballinc.com/isroot/paintballinc/SiteImages/lunarjerseys.jpg
--Pi Lunar Jerseys(my current jerseys)

http://www.paintballinc.com/isroot/paintballinc/SiteImages/wsgtest.jpg
--Warrior Sports Gear Jerseys

i dont have pics of the pants, but they look almost identical and have almost identical features to the JT pants but say Pi not JT on them

spazzed
10-28-2002, 02:30 PM
Is it time for a nap Load? :D :D

magman007
10-28-2002, 05:21 PM
OK,well i vote for the Lunars.... I also mentioned to load, it would be funny if we all used the same jersie style, but in different colors, just to br wierd and cookie....

Well, my suggestion, is DATAPimp if your up to it... would you like to handle team 2? and do a 5 or a 10 man set up? that way, every one who wants to play can... I nominate you for team 2 if thats cool

dansim
10-28-2002, 05:29 PM
hey i wanna play:(

magman007
10-28-2002, 05:39 PM
dan, do you want to head team 2? ar team 3 even? im not turning any one down!

also, did you send her into agd today? or even call jon??

jeffremiller
10-28-2002, 06:03 PM
I like the idea of mixing colors with the jerseys... My team is considering doing this next year for two squads of three man.

Kinda sad there aren't 5 colors for the Lunars. They look like decent jerseys.

I don't really care as far as number of teams. I've just always wanted to play a big event... this seems like a good enough time to do it. Can't say I've very good... but I can fan a trigger and point in the genral direction of the opponent :)

J_

magman007
10-28-2002, 08:02 PM
sounds cool man... that is what alot of the guys do! lol just razin you guys... So who wants to head up proverbial team 2? and start to work on that? Also, what are the names you guys want? il throw up a post about that soon.. but we need ideas, so i can do a poll

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
Is it time for a nap Load? :D :D

No, I'm fin........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

My vote also goes for the lunar jerseys. Maybe one color for the 5 man and another for the 10. I don't care which one I'm on. we just need an experienced guy to head up each one and act as captain.

Koosh
10-28-2002, 08:23 PM
for the names:

Is anything going to go? Or should we stick to the SFL or AO theme?

jeffremiller
10-28-2002, 09:39 PM
If you can get all SFL's... I'd use the SFL naming convention. or maybe this

gamE LF'S

:)

J_

magman007
10-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Just added to the tentative roster is Spreying Mango, he said he would love to play.

Now im thinking, why not an sfl team, and an extreme team? names so far are any thing is a go. PErsonally i like Extreme Team (like dream team) and the Semper Fi llamas

I tihnk we should try to stay some what related to ao or agd, and Semper Fi Llamas is SFL so .. what ever!

SO far were also need captain like people... IM not saying any thing, but i nominate Spiff for the Sfl team, and Mango/datapimp/dansim for extreme team. Its all up to you all.. We can form teams later. Skill inst bothereing me, its just for fun

Koosh
10-28-2002, 09:46 PM
yeah, I mean we got a friggen year to pound out the details too... I'm sure by that time we might have 3 extreme teams, along with two SFL teams a well...

blnk162
10-28-2002, 10:54 PM
good luck

datapimp69
10-28-2002, 11:22 PM
the extreem team, i love it.

i think we could easly get at least a sfl 5 man and a extreem 5 man team.

i could head up the extreem team as far as trying to get everyone orginized, but i wouldnt say im good enuff to be a captin.

but i would do all the leg work if someone else wanted to be a captin.

lmk

jeffremiller
10-29-2002, 06:57 AM
In regards to team captains...

I find that it's not necessarily the best player that makes the best team captain. A lot of captain stuff is simple coordination and organization. It's the job of the captain to deal with entry fees and timeschedules, rosters and availability as well as all the other logistics of getting there and back.

It's all legwork/paperwork. I've been trying to give away the "honor" of being captain since I got it :)

But... I'm probably best suited for it in regards to my team.

J_

hawpunch
10-29-2002, 09:11 AM
an all sfl team mighta also attract soem type of sponsorship from agd or shocktech...especially shocktech.

aloha,

jae park

Kevmaster
10-29-2002, 09:26 AM
yeh, ia gree. the cptain shouldnt be the best player. im not the best player on my current team(well, one guy quit so now i prolly am) but i am the captain. the captain's job is to get everyone organized and arranged so that things go well. the "mentor"/top player can be someone else other than the captrain

id do the grunt work for getting this arranged if you wanted me to, but i doubt that im the best player.

jeffremiller
10-29-2002, 09:27 AM
I'd be happy to help out too... just would prefer to stay out of the captain's chair this time :)

J_

magman007
10-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Well thanks guys, Jeff, i will deffinitely take up your offer.. KEV, you too... Im not worried about captains really, but i need som one who has done it before, or is willing to do it...

I have never captained my self, and well, im still a little shakey about takin all that responsibility. So, id drudge it on who ever wants it!

Kev and data, do you wanna start the process of the extreme team?

Kev can you still get us the paintball inc stuff for 2 teams? The way i see it, is were a 10 man team, playing the 5 man.... lol

Thanks for all the help so far... Up to the top again!

Kevmaster
10-29-2002, 02:59 PM
ill do my best. do you want to wait till we get firm rosters before i call Paintball Inc or should i call Rachel(my Rep) now and get the ball rolling with Rich Fairbanks?

spazzed
10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
I'd say go ahead & give 'em a call, just so they know what's coming. Give 'em a rough estimate for now. As soon as teams are set in stone, then call 'em up again.

<---has nothing to do w/ any of this, but digs helping out when possible ;)

kutter
10-29-2002, 05:29 PM
ok I just scanned this thread lightly (I have been out of town and am trying to catch up) but I would be interested in playing on an all SFL team, especially if it was in 10 man. I may have already tenatively comitted to 5 man, I will know sometime in the next couple of months if it will come together.

Oh yeah and Load, I will be 37 at next years world cup, so you won't be the old man of the bunch, and magman, you are young, you can run to the front, let the old farts hunker down in the back and rain paint :p

datapimp69
10-29-2002, 05:41 PM
hey ill be 34 at next years cup.

so its walkers for all

magman007
10-29-2002, 05:42 PM
kutter man, we can have a team of all back players if you want, but there aint no way im running to th front... I may be young, but im a litle big too... Not huge, but im 6'1" and 270... a little big... KEv, if you wouldnt mind, call em up and lets get it going..

Kutter, about the 10 man, i doubt it, because if we do that, we cant have brian terry play, and he is helping with paint

Koosh
10-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Rut-Roh...

Looks like we 'young-ins' are going to be outnumbered... doh!

I am not the smallest of people either, 6'2", 220... and have never played front... but hey, ya gotta learn sometime, right?

spacemanspiff
10-29-2002, 09:05 PM
LOL I fall right in the middle on the age thing, 25 by next WC. Kinda old but still can run with the young bucks actually I give them a good run for there money.:D I'm a front, mid player prefer the front. I like the lunar jerseys there kewl any color but I like the blue one.:cool: As far as a name the Semper Fi one is kewl or something like Slippery Fighting Leprechauns but whatever is kewl.

Load SM5
10-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Super Furry Lemmings
Sadistic Fluffy Leprechauns
Severly Flatulent Lepers

Ah, I could go on all night......

magman007
10-29-2002, 09:25 PM
ok, so far space man and load are kickin butt in naming! keep that up!

Spiff, would you like to be captain? huh huh?? PULEESE!

jeffremiller
10-29-2002, 09:40 PM
How about

Spurious Fondu Lactations
Stories From Leroy
Songs Found Lacking
Studs Forgot LouLou ???
Several Forgotten Legos
Seriously Foaming Leftovers

I could go On and On.... and on and on and on....

J_

jeffremiller
10-29-2002, 09:47 PM
OK... now the wife chimes in and asks for more...

Serious Frog Lickin'
Symtoms from leather
Scary Furry Lipstick
Sacred Faux Leapardskin

and still going :)

J_

Koosh
10-29-2002, 09:48 PM
how aboot:

Super Friggen Lame
Ski For Libraries
Spontaneously Flaming Luxury-(Cars)
Seemingly Fickle Llamas
Stupid Fly Landings

Load SM5
10-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Singing For Lunch
Slippery Floor Lenolium
Signs For Loosers
Swimming Frozen Lakes

jeffremiller
10-29-2002, 09:57 PM
savory Foghorn Leghorn
scalding Fried Lintbrush
Simulated For the Lazy
Sober Freckled Lunatics
Sour Fetid Lives
Superfluously frothy Listorine

Ok.. time for my medication :)

J_

Koosh
10-29-2002, 10:11 PM
I'll try some more... But I really like the Foghorn leghorn one!

Sometimes Feelings Leave
Super Fatal Lemmings
Steven Feels Love
Superbly Fitting Leotard (sp)
Satan's Feeble Lions

But by far the best so far is:

Sluggers From Louisville

hehe... this is going to be half the fun of the event!

spazzed
10-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Slobbery Fuzzy Llamma's! (sp?)
SlinkyFootedLesbians
SlammedFornicatingLosers

Uhhhh... (Seriously!!)

SeeminglyFurryLobes!

magman007
10-29-2002, 10:43 PM
my turn eh?

Stupid Furry Lemmons

Some Funny LLamas

Sure fitted Loosers

Surly Frothing Late's

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious feminazi loosers (lets see em cram that on the score board)

Well in not creative so thats my contribution!

AGD
10-29-2002, 11:06 PM
How about,

Super Fast Luxury
Super Fast + Light
Super Fast + Legal
Superior Firepower Launched
Superior Front Line
Superior Fast + Lethal (like this one)
Super Fast + Lethal
Suckers Found + Lynched

AGD

datapimp69
10-29-2002, 11:32 PM
how about

Sure Footed Leprechauns
Sure Footed Lamas
Super Fly Lovers
Some Fine Libations
Super Frim Libertarians

well just a few bad ones

i still love

extreme team

for the other one that is

Jacob
10-29-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Superior Fast + Lethal (like this one)

That one is good, but unfortunately inappropriate if all these old guys are going to be playing. It will wind up being Sorta Fat and Lazy;)

Anything with Lemmings- probably bad. One of the nice things about AO is that we don't go blindly following marketing hype like lemmings over a cliff.

Sugar Frosted Laxatives (not much of a name, but a great secret weapon)
Stroke oF Luck
Samurai Factory League
Swollen Fetish Lions (once again not much of a name, but try not to feel a little uneasy when you find out you're playing the Swollen Fetish Lions)
Spies For Luxembourg
Substitute For Latex
Sacrificed For Lent

I have one last one, but it's Saved For Later

spazzed
10-29-2002, 11:57 PM
Whoa! Head honcho's getting into it!!

Succulent Fuzzy Llama's
Someone's Following Larry!
Somehow forgot latex

Koosh
10-30-2002, 12:02 AM
I REALLY like the Spies for Luxumburg!

My official vote goes to that one! Of course, I don't really have an official vote, seeing as I haven't joined the team.... yet...

But hey, I'll probably change my mind when more ideas come up.

dansim
10-30-2002, 07:56 AM
i like the some forgotten legos one, and suckas founad + lynched

now start working on the acronym for Extreem

Evil Xray Technicians Really Eat Evil Mucus

magman007
10-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Well, I like em all, and i gotta say i like toms.... (and it cant be an idea to go with the head honcho's name can it?) IF you see the strength in picking his name lmk.. i guess at the end of a few weeks, we can narrow em down and hold a vote.. sound good??

jeffremiller
10-30-2002, 11:54 AM
I like Tom's... they're a bit more "on-point" than my Spurious Fondu Lactations....but not nearly as thought provoking :)

I like the Superior Firepower one.

J_

spacemanspiff
10-30-2002, 09:40 PM
What kinda benifits do captians get? I hope I get a nice 401k plan with this offer.:D Eh as long as theres a few cold beverages at the end of the day accompanied buy a nice cute blonde I wount mind filling the shoes as captian. Man the names are getting good.

Super Funkalishious Llamas
Steaming Fast Lightning
Ion Painters
Redeemers
Speedy Fraggin Lobsters (don't ask I'm tired:rolleyes: )

Load SM5
10-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by spacemanspiff
Eh as long as theres a few cold beverages at the end of the day accompanied buy a nice cute blonde I wount mind filling the shoes as captian. )

Well, I can guarantee a few cold beverages and I've been told I'm pretty hot......;)

Sounds like your it, bro....lead us!

Kevmaster
10-30-2002, 09:53 PM
so, magman, you want me to start going forth with Operation Domination(aka two Emag Teams at World Cup 2003)??

magman007
10-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Sure thing Kev! i was hoping extreme team could be 10 man even, then we would be able to dominate both circuits, and have 15 people, incase the origional team (other than specified on the roster) could have subs

so 10 spares for team sfl, and 5 spares for extreme team... doesnt sound to shabb does it?

WOOT spiff, lead us on baby!

spacemanspiff
10-30-2002, 10:10 PM
You sure do look pirty after a few drinks.;) Oh can I put a big C on my jersey or maybe a L for Llama.:p

Load SM5
10-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Go right ahead. Still coming to SC?

spacemanspiff
10-30-2002, 10:22 PM
I don't know if I will be able to go if I do go I will find out the day before. I'm trying to make it happen but we will see.

magman007
10-30-2002, 10:40 PM
oh another alterior motive.... we all go to the shocktech booth and demand the things we probabally wont have gotten by that time..... you know like our no rise and warp feed breaches... and ace for that matter

Load SM5
10-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Tom's handling the whole ACE thing when he can get to them.

Kevmaster
10-30-2002, 10:45 PM
nope, not at all. ill talk to Rachel(sales rep at Pi) on Monday morning about sponsorship possibilities. we are looking to get entry and jersies/pants paid for in exchange for...wearing those jersies and pants and helping out at the Pi booth and having their banner??

oh, and is WC FPO or BYOP??

thanks

Load SM5
10-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Sounds do-able. Not sure about the paint thing though.

magman007
10-30-2002, 10:57 PM
all nppl's are byop... brian already agree tto help out team sfl, but kev, if you can get help also on that end, well the more paint the batter

and with the paintball inc, nps, Diablo conglomo goin on, we can score good paint

Kevmaster
10-30-2002, 11:05 PM
i think ive been placed on the extremne team and alt on the SFL team, as have many others you listed for SFL...

spacemanspiff
10-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Is it BYOB too cause if it is I need to get a BIGGER gear bag. Hehehe:D

Koosh
10-30-2002, 11:14 PM
So who's all on board at this point?

SFL team
Magman
Load
Spaceman Spiff
Kevmaster
Brian Terry
Me (if I end up going)
jeffremiller
kutter
jacob
??

Extreme team?
dansim
datapimp

Just letting you know: I won't mind being an alternate for the SFL, or other teams, but if I fly to Florida, or wherever it is and end up not playing, I will be SUPER pissed off!

But hey, we got a year to work it out!

Load SM5
10-30-2002, 11:25 PM
If you fly that far you'll definately be playing. I'll make sure of that.

OnyX
10-31-2002, 12:07 AM
i'll join the sfl team if you guys still need players plus we got a year to work out the details :D

kutter
10-31-2002, 07:34 AM
Not to change the subject, but with so many SFL guys in this thread, does anyone know if Shocktech is planning on making a Warpfeed breech milled for the SFL?

jeffremiller
10-31-2002, 08:27 AM
When I called them a month ago... they told me I would need to contact AGD for a warp breech. It's not milled to match the SFL but then again... there's very little milling on it either way.

J_

magman007
10-31-2002, 12:06 PM
lets see, for xtremes we have,

data
dansim
kevmaster
mango (if he doesnt have to sell)
maybe havoc?

and there will be alot more, 150 soon people can play

hawpunch
10-31-2002, 04:22 PM
hi,

i wish hi could play on the team :(. i have too many school commitments. but good luck to you guys :).

aloha,

jae park

Kevmaster
10-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Mag Man, i dont actually have my Extreme yet, so i think i fall in htat 150 more to come soon, but i preordered mine August 14th, so i know im in the first batch...which with any luck will be here by World Cup ;) :D

magman007
10-31-2002, 06:29 PM
yea, i knew that, but you spoke up! so... YEA! did you get in touvh with your PI person yet? any news?

Also, brian terry plays mid/front for the sfl guys waht wanted to know

Kevmaster
10-31-2002, 08:27 PM
ive been VERY busy today and will be tomorrow. ill get in touch with her Monday(as i said in my post that got moved back in time---ooooh freakly :cool: ). more news coming from me then

magman007
11-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Ah, well here we are again, now we have the brand of paint. Brian said that it would be the new kickn paint, which marks well, and didnt break in his sfl all wc, this is a good thing! and it is hard to wipe!

Kev, hows the paintball inc stuff goin?

Kevmaster
11-04-2002, 10:19 PM
i left a message today, but shes outta town till wendesay. ill hear backthen

oldsoldier
11-04-2002, 10:23 PM
I will be a proud new owner of an extreme by the end of the week...I didnt have enough time to read the post...which event are we forming up for?

Kevmaster
11-04-2002, 10:26 PM
World Cup 2003

oldsoldier
11-05-2002, 01:37 AM
ok...count me in! I am with the older bunch too...looks like we will have alot of back players huh? :eek:

Kevmaster
11-05-2002, 09:42 AM
welcome aboard

Koosh
12-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Well, its been over a month since the last post, so I guess this is a good time for an "UP"

Also I can officiall toss my hat in the ring... I don't have alot of money on me now, but if I set playing in the cup next year as my goal I know I can save up whatever it takes to get there!

Any new news by anyone? Everyone still interested in doing it?

Load SM5
12-16-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm still for it....

magman007
12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
So am I!!!!!!

i guess were really waiting to see what sponsorship stuff we can come up with.... I was also hoping we could all wear The AO jersies, if we all get em....

magman007
12-16-2002, 07:22 PM
did you read the whole post? find out waht was stated, and if it wasnt clear enough for you, then say it wasnt, and i will explain. go read through before you post. thanks

jeffremiller
12-16-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm still up for it... Hopefully we can all pull it together.

I'm trying to head up the MGO 03 team and I can tell you it's a big job on the coordination front.

J_

magman007
12-16-2002, 08:23 PM
well jeff, we have to hope it goes well, and if it does, will you help the wc cooridinations??? pretty please!

Kevmaster
12-16-2002, 08:25 PM
ill be "leading" the XMag team

jeffremiller
12-16-2002, 08:27 PM
I'd be happy to help but when it comes down to it... the biggest problem is just getting there... once we are there, we can at least run a few drills together and get a stategy.

Then it's luck.

J_

magman007
12-16-2002, 08:27 PM
good

first question, are you guys doing 5 or 10 man?

i figured team sfl would be 5 man, x team would be 10, since ther eis more.... its all up ta you guyz tho

jeffremiller
12-16-2002, 08:28 PM
we are doing a Team AO 5 man...

J_

magman007
12-16-2002, 08:38 PM
good, which will mean, you have the 5 man experience, and that will help, kevmaster? 5 or 10 man?

Kevmaster
12-16-2002, 08:46 PM
well prolly do 10 man if we have enough...i tihnk the "per player" rate is almost the same....

Kevmaster
12-16-2002, 08:48 PM
PS: ill have about 6-7 official tourny games of 10 man experience by then...hoping someone else will be able to help direct the team...

spacemanspiff
12-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey guys I would love to help out with the field stratagey and such. I'll be playing alot of tourneys this year, 5 man and maybe some 7 but not sure yet. Plus I'm around a lot of experienced players at our practices so I'm absorbing everything I can.

Load SM5
12-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Is Blackcell playing Cup?

spacemanspiff
12-16-2002, 10:56 PM
I donno we'll see when the time gets closer who can make it and such. But as far as me I'm planning on being there one way or another.

PsychoBaller
12-16-2002, 11:14 PM
My Red SFL should be up and running by the 03 World Cup if anything... hehe... still waiting for it in the mail this week... i estimate by Thurs-Fri. at the latest.... argg...

I'll add to the SFL Team Age Average with my whopping 20, Dec/2003 I'd be 21, but i guess 20 will have to do.

Pics will of course be up by the weekend at least.

Anyways. count me in most def.

PsychoBaller
12-16-2002, 11:16 PM
sorry, had to edit this one, cause it posted twice, heh.

Koosh
12-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Magman, I'm starting to think this will be a 10 man event whether we like it or not... or two 5 man teams... but I think this is a tad bit too many people for just a 5 man team...(SFL's anyway...)

datapimp69
12-16-2002, 11:25 PM
im still in for the xmag team..

PsychoBaller
12-16-2002, 11:25 PM
I don't think all 40-50 SFL owners either know about this thread, or have come out from hiding yet... for wutever reasons.

Seems like there is about 10 of us that have responded.. if that many....

Still have a year to organize, but its good we debating this stuff now... heh, mad amts of anticipation.

Kevmaster
12-16-2002, 11:30 PM
well, first i bet that 60% of the people NOW who say they can make it wont actually be there....

second, spaceman, i have tourny experience--just not 10 man, primarily 5 man, which is why i would prolly run it as two five man units....but that may not be the best way

PsychoBaller
12-16-2002, 11:43 PM
As long as I'm not the only one having to drive to WC 03, hells no paying for Airline Ticket, heheh, unless mad group discount.....

Kev, just wondering where you came up with that percent...60 ?? i would say more like.... 50..... rather 75 to play it say, heheh, knowing teens and their promises....

Kevmaster
12-17-2002, 10:43 AM
i did some MAJOR talking with my Paintball Inc salse rep(hes eatign all my damn cell phone minutes!! these hour long chit-chats are killing me!!!) and he convinced me on that opinion. thats why hes not offering us anyting now. he told me to come back in April-May and then try and get something, but that then if we had a team left, he would help us

magman007
12-17-2002, 11:58 AM
cool kev, cool.

My new question is, will it be a 7 man format? THe Wc is a nppl event wasnt it? so what will it be now???? if its 7 man, then its just like a 5 man, with 1 more mid, and one more front. Id like to do 7 man actually....

Spiff, im really hoping you will be there for team sfl to help captain, i was really looking foreward to your captaining helping out the team

Data, you and kev should coollaborate, and figure what is going on.

IM creating a second thread, and asking, Sfl team, or Extreme team to see waht numbers we have, i will link it in this post.

heres the link to the voting thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60402

PsychoBaller
12-17-2002, 01:53 PM
I'd better have spot for front left, or at least mid left... no way am I gonna be stuck in the back.... to boring... i need things wizzing by my head (no pun intended).

spacemanspiff
12-17-2002, 07:59 PM
no way am I gonna be stuck in the back.... to boring... LOL I hear ya man. Don't get me wrong I can do back but being in the front is where I belong. Its fun to make the other teams back guys waste all there paint on me.:p