PDA

View Full Version : Shocker, Impulse, Matrix, or IR3?

rtprolover
10-27-2002, 09:16 PM
Now keeping in mind I can get the Shocker, Imp, or Matrix for around the same price and im looking to get the biggest bang for my buck. So what should i get? What are some pros and cons for both? thanx in advance.

AcemanPB
10-27-2002, 09:21 PM
I would suggest a custom Impy such as a Rat or Nasty. Both are very good markers and will cost you under 1000.

Ityl
10-27-2002, 09:25 PM
matrix

shocker is big, Impulse breaks...a lot, IR3 is overpriced

and all of the above have been in my house, since skyball 02.

Puddleglum
10-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Have you considered either an AKA Viking or Excalibur???

AcemanPB
10-27-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ityl
matrix

shocker is big, Impulse breaks...a lot, IR3 is overpriced

and all of the above have been in my house, since skyball 02.

From my experiences all of the newer Impulses are very reliable. Out of all the "higher-end" markers at my field about half of them are some type of impulse. I have yet to see an impulse there break that could not be fixed within 10-15 minutes. If you treat your impy with love and lube it after every day of play you should be fine.

2 member on my team picked up vision impys and those guns have seen countless cases of paint and have yet to chop a single ball, and have had zero problems.

The guy who runs the field bought a Nasty not too long ago and that gun is freaking sweet, he can rip like mad on it. (although he still perfers his old school RT :D )

Another guy bought an Adrenaline Imp but I've yet to shoot it.

But I will admit some of the older impys have had some major problems but as far as i've seen the newer ones are very reliable.

*ArKfEaR*
10-28-2002, 01:27 AM
i got an idea....

... go to your field with your current gun, and try out new guns be nice and they should let you.

Still cant decide?

start like this:

get an Excalibur - dont like sell should be easy > viking? practically the same but an excal shoots a bit nicer and feels more durable

get an IR3 - dont like it sell it
get a Impulse - dont like sell it, get a custom imp though
get a matrix - dont like it sell it, get a custom trix though
shocker - dont think you will like it so i wont recommend buying it, but thats my opinion

finally get a cocker - problems resolved :D

but really are you going to take your 1200 dollars and spend it on what someone from here said. Go try it for yourself, and do research. www.paintballcity.com www.pbnation.com ... some forums with specific gun forums.

Shirow
10-28-2002, 07:36 AM
Well, Smart Parts have horrible customer service, so if I was buying a new marker, I'd stay away from anything they produce.

IR3s are nice but expensive... if I was going to get any of them, I'd probably get the Matrix, but you're going to need to spend another $250-300 out of the box if you get a stock one.

RamboPreacher
10-28-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by rtprolover
Now keeping in mind I can get the Shocker, Imp, or Matrix for around the same price and im looking to get the biggest bang for my buck. So what should i get? What are some pros and cons for both? thanx in advance. Why do you feel the need to get a JAE? My suggestion is that you go to a place that will let you try them and see which kind of marker you are more comfortable with. I also suggest that you try pneumatic markers as well. It's all about comfort and supportabiility. (I am assuming that wherever you get it from can alos give you support for it).

(BTW - Normaly I would suggest a Blazer, but since it sounds like you wnat a JAE, you probably wnat a mouse-click-trigger and as such you would probably short stroke a real pneumatic marker like the Blazer, let alone a cocker - you would probably make a paint blender out of any multi-stage marker. Depending on the budget, though, you might try one of the various automags, with level 10 superbolt (hay, this is the AO) - though, if you really are open minded I would still suggest trying a Blazer, head and shoulders above a cocker)