PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP me

Delaque
10-28-2002, 06:34 AM
I have a nice classic Automag with the pump conversion kit: it works well and I like it. I'd like to improve the accuracy changing the barrel (now I have an Armson 11" and an old couple of DAC 14"), and I'm looking for suggestions. Which kind of barrel do you prefere for a "sniping" role?
Thanks a lot to all.

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 08:18 AM
There's no real "sniper" type barrel. It's all a matter of getting good round consistant paint in a bore size that matches your barrel. I've also heard good things about those Dye and Armson sights, but never used one. Just keep in mind you are shooting a ball and not a bullet.

banzaimf
10-28-2002, 03:42 PM
not for mag :(

paint fit is more important though. length of barrel really doesn't do much for paintball guns after 8 inches or so.

Dayspring
10-28-2002, 03:53 PM
Technically, there is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. yes, you can shoot from a concealed position but as for silencing and extending your range/accuracy? No. Accuracy comes from a good paint to barrel match. Meaning the paint isn't too big or too small for the barrel and vice versa. The best way to take care of this issue is one of the adjustable barrels. The Freak barrel set allows you to size the barrel with different inserts that correspond to paint sizes. THAT'S how you get accuracy. (note- there are more adjustable barrels out there than the Freak, but it's a good one to point out to start.)

Originally posted by Delaque
I have a nice classic Automag with the pump conversion kit: it works well and I like it. I'd like to improve the accuracy changing the barrel (now I have an Armson 11" and an old couple of DAC 14"), and I'm looking for suggestions. Which kind of barrel do you prefere for a "sniping" role?
Thanks a lot to all.