PDA

View Full Version : The difference between SFL emag and emag xtreme?

rdb123
10-28-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi, could anyone please enlighten me on the difference between these two guns? After reading a good amount of posts on these guns, I still cannot determine what if there is a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Robert Barker

yeahthatsme
10-28-2002, 04:49 PM
the sfl is the extreem body on a emag frame without the aluminum valve. the extreem has an aluminum valve( its slightly lighter) but besides that there about the same.

also it would be easier to get an extreem then an sfl.

hawpunch
10-28-2002, 05:14 PM
that is correct to an extent. the sfl's are specially milled extremes done by shocktech. both are aluminum bodied, but the extreme is unmilled. the cnc extreme is milled by agd europe. the sfl's are rumored to be limited in run; about 50 total exist. rumor has it that should shocktech get more extreme emags to mill, the milling pattern will be different. anyways, if you like the sfl and see one on sale, buy it. i have one, and i don't regret the amount of cash i put down for it...worth every penny especially with the level 10 upgrade (ace soon to come) :).

aloha,

jae park

magman007
10-28-2002, 05:17 PM
well, heres the skinny.... The sfl is a limited run exreme bodied specially milled e-mag. they are highly limeted

THe extremes are the lower fo them all, like a stock angel, performs great, but looks like a brick. THis is for you to mill it

The cnc is agd's production extreme, it is lighter by a bit than the sfl, and has a new aluminum valve, and a on off swithch

The sfl's wil get the ace upgrade, as well as lvl 10..

Olny difference is looks, and a few oz's

cphilip
10-28-2002, 05:22 PM
One problem I saw with the SFL is that they milled away the area where the Roll pin seats into the rail area of the body. This allows the regulator on the valve to travel and unscrew when trying to adjust the velocity. Not so on the Extremes.

magman007
10-28-2002, 05:32 PM
but phil, thats what the set screw is for:D :D :D

hawpunch
10-28-2002, 05:36 PM
hey magman007,

congratulations on your recent sfl purchase. i know you were looking around for one...welcome to the circle :).

aloha,

jae park

magman007
10-28-2002, 05:51 PM
hey thanks man, check out the sfl pic thread, and throw yours up in there please, mine is the first one on there i dont have it yet, but i will very shortly, its all payed for and stuff

rdb123
10-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your responses guys.

So really, there aren't any differences in the features that each gun possesses? So they are essentially exactly the same except for aesthetical values?

Cool

Thanks again

-Rob

Load SM5
10-28-2002, 06:58 PM
The extreems have an on/off switch and not the yellow battery pin. They have the lighter (3 oz) aluminum valve. Come with ACE and Level 10 (the SFL's are upgraded for free)However, as was mentioned, the SFL's were made in very limited numbers and if kept in good condition might become pretty sought after.