PDA

View Full Version : Are Defiants any good?

56kSomeGuy
10-28-2002, 05:50 PM
I might be trading my old mag and tippy for a bob long defiant. Has anyone here used one and is it any good. Is it a quiet gun?
What types of barrel threads does it use? Is it just like a bushmaster?

56kSomeGuy
10-28-2002, 06:30 PM
come on can anyone help?

Goldie D Pimp
10-28-2002, 06:38 PM
a defiant is almost identical to a bushy. They are the same aside from body milling and barrel threading. The difiant takes cocker barrels.

They are a nice fast little gun that is easily upgraded to hang with the best of them.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me!

Good luck!

xen_100
10-28-2002, 06:40 PM
it is basically the same as the bushy 2k. they changed it to cocker threads on the barrel. I believe it comes with a BL barrel too. there are a few tweaks here and there, but it is mostly just a bushy. they shoot very nice, about as quiet as a stock bushy.

covadsucks
10-28-2002, 06:52 PM
The only difference between the Bushy and the Defiant is the horrible gripframe on the Defiant and the fact that the Defiant is Cocker threaded. You can get a different gripframe and it makes a world of difference. Mac Dev of Australia makes a nice replacement frame for it, and Zenitram Manufacturing here in Silicon Valley makes a "Z" grip as well. It's not a bad gun, light, fast, easy to work on, I like mine but I prefer a mag to an electro, as my Retro Mag is much much faster.