PDA

View Full Version : magnets+intelliframe?

SI|ENT|3O|3
10-28-2002, 07:19 PM
a thought poped into my head...if you put magnets on an itlelliframe with a retro valve, would it do anything? let me know.
-sebastian

Remington
10-28-2002, 07:27 PM
I thought about that too, kinda get an emag trigger effect? I've heard the emag's magnets a pretty strong though so I have no idea where you could get some like them. Anyone have any ideas?

MagMonster
10-28-2002, 08:14 PM
I have a few questions about the Intelliframe.

-How does it compare to other electronic frames cause Im considering and e-frame or lvl10 bolt.

-what hoppers does the Intellframe work with?

Thanks

spazzed
10-28-2002, 10:21 PM
I-frame is technically, not an electronic frame. It beats the crap out of any other mag frame out there. Period.

You can link it to a Revy and/or a Warp-Feed. I'd imagine you could do it to a Halo or Rico as well.

Coaster
10-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Remington
I thought about that too, kinda get an emag trigger effect? I've heard the emag's magnets a pretty strong though so I have no idea where you could get some like them. Anyone have any ideas?

I think he means the exact opposite, magnets that are constantly pulling the trigger towards the sear pin. If that is what you mean, then that is the idea behidn the new Medusa frame.

nippinout
10-29-2002, 04:04 AM
Magnets would be kind of fun on a ReTro based mag.

But, instead of the magnets pulling the trigger, you would want the magnets pushing the trigger.

The reason for this is the 1/r^2 relationship. The farther from a magnet you get, the weaker it will act.

For example, let's use a RT Pro. Put one magnet on the inside of the trigger guard with the N pole facing the rear of the gun. Put another magnet on the front of the trigger with the N pole facing the front of the gun.

In the normal position, the magnets are closest. You would want the magnets to have the most umph when it is at rest, for an easier trigger break. That way, it would be easiest to pull.

I would rather have a pull that began easily instead of a pull that begins hard and becomes easier.

Besides, the trigger just takes a little nudge on a reactive trigger. An easy nudge is better isn't it?

SI|ENT|3O|3
10-29-2002, 12:41 PM
so your sayin have on magnet on the trigger and another on the front of th trigger guard? if so try it out, i want to see how it works ill probabaly try it the pulling way. but i want to see which one works better.
-sebastian

Remington
10-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Okay, now I'm just confused. Does the Emag's magnets pull or push the trigger? I always thought it pulled the trigger towards the back of the trigger frame(towards the sear pin) and then the force of the sear pin moving forward again is what caused the higher R.O.F but maybe I'm just ignorant.

SI|ENT|3O|3
10-29-2002, 02:52 PM
thats right but he was saying to have magnets pushing it twords the sear pin.

drx975
10-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Anyone know what kind of magnets are used? I know neodymium is an extremely magnetic element and if they are used in a frame, the pull would be next to nothing.

DarkPhoenix
10-29-2002, 10:28 PM
There are two seperate magnets which perform completely seperate functions on an E-mag.

The visible magnet in the center of an E-mag's trigger serves to trigger the HAL effect sensor, effectively firing the marker when the electronics are active.

There are also a stack of magnets in the trigger frame above the trigger. These magnets pull on the trigger in its rested state. It acts as the trigger return spring on other markers, supplying the resistance when pulling the trigger. This creates a unique feel to the trigger pull, unlike any other spring type triggers. The feel of the trigger has been described as being "almost like breaking glass". The more magnets, the snappier the trigger pull.:D I have four magnets in there myself.

"the FitZ"
02-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I run a ULT in my minimag and I was under the impression that it would maybe make it a little heavier but give more reactivity by bouncing it back. Except I was going to put my magnets onto the sear and the back of the intelli.
So how'd it work?