PDA

View Full Version : for anyone hesitant on getting an emag

TippmannMan
10-28-2002, 10:07 PM
first of all realize i dont have my own emag yet (until christmas time :D) but omg i just tested one out tonight at my at local dealer and thus has been my first actual contact with the emag...

first of all i would like to say i have think i have some weight to my words. i have been playing for 4 years (might not be much compared to alot of the people whove been playing since paintball started :)) but ive been very involved and i think its sufficient enough to get me out of newbie status therefore giving these words a little more meaning. what i cover below is stuff that i questioned due to so much disagreement with people reviewing this gun online.

first of all the weight is EXTREMELY exaggerated. i cannot stress how much bs it is for people complaining about the weight. i am not ripped at all and i mean its lighter than a stock autococker and if you can lift 5 pounds you will have no trouble holding this gun for long periods of time. compared to the autococker the gun feels like its on a remote. honestly dont even think about worrying about the weight of the gun. the only people i could see having trouble would be perhaps 5 year olds and people with muscular defects. secondly the trigger pull was divine. its not like a mouse click at all like some people have said. though its hard to put to words its exactly how a trigger with with magnets would feel. there is the very brief period of resistance where the magnets attract and once you break through there is no resistance. also the gun looks 1000 times better in real life than in the pictures. i shudder to think how the emag xtreme might look in real life :eek:. unfortunately i did not get to fire with any paintballs therefore evaluating the shooting myths of the emag but im sure there are a bunch of other reliable people here that have covered that aspect. and sorry if you didnt find this informative i thought so highly of the emag that i just wanted to share my feelings with the rest of AO :)

Ov3rmind
10-28-2002, 10:26 PM
I agree with you totally (ESPECIALLY on the weight issue), they are great guns. The only reason I never really gave thought to buying one was because they don't sit incredibly well in my hands, but oh well!

TippmannMan
10-28-2002, 10:32 PM
thanks for reminding me Ov3rmind and thanks for agreeing :D. as for the grip of the gun. i didnt really think it was bad (i didnt think about it while writing this so obviously i didnt think it was troublesome) and to give you a feel by hand is approx 7.5 inches long from the base of my palm to my middle finger. i thought the grip and feel of the gun was very snug and i love the battery back as the grip. not so far out as the grip on the model 98 (i dont use my fore grip on the m98 its too far out for speed ball). its just close enough to you can still be holding the battery pack and still have a small profile.

personman
10-28-2002, 11:04 PM
Hey hey hey.
I held a emag (actually a micro emag) for my first time on saturday.
I also thought the wieght was over exaggurated (but then again it has an alluminum body and no body rail) and I diddnt even notice the diffrence between a battery pack and a regular grip.. I DID notice how easy it was to walk the trigger though :D
And guess what?
There is an 85% chance that very emag will become mine within a week after christmas. :D
BTW I diddnt notice the shape of the grip frame, and my hands are tiny. :)

Creative Mayhem
10-29-2002, 07:21 AM
The weight issue is subjective. I have used emags, and I find the weight to be very close to that of my minimag with all the bells and whistles. I used to run remote, because I thought the weight of the tank would be too much with the marker, but it's something you get used to. It would be the same with the emag,(in comparison to lightweight budget markers)it would b something yo would get used to. Next thing you know, you don't even notice the weight. Once I get my emag, I couldn't imagine playing with anything lighter, you actually enjoy the feel of the weight. Not to mention, you could club someone with it...;) :D

C Mayhem
AKA Purple Wang

yeahthatsme
10-29-2002, 06:05 PM
on the weight subject: i am a fat 13 year old who cant lift much. the emag was amazingly comfortable in my hands. the grips where perfect as well( my hands are stubby) and words cant explain the trigger(espicialy on hybrid)

einhander619
10-29-2002, 09:24 PM
By itself the emag isn't heavy, but slap a warp and a halo on it, and talk to me at the end of the day. This of course, goes for most guns, but most can't make good use of both! The paintball community must be getting weaker, with such a demand for light markers.

TippmannMan
10-29-2002, 10:35 PM
i think the tippmann model 98 is heavier with all the stuff on it. youre right einhander619 i think people are just getting used to light markers so much