PDA

View Full Version : *** NEWS FLASH *** NPPL will be 7-man in 2003

skirts
10-28-2002, 11:18 PM
"Big news from NPPL president, Chuck Hendsch, who announced that he will be running his own 7-Man tournament series next season. The 7-Man format has become immensely popular in Europe with the Millennium series and Chuck has decided that it’s about time that America sat up and took notice. The NPPL 7-Man is promising big things, better promotion, greater efficiency along with a proposed prize package of $100,000 dollars’ worth of gear (non-Paintball related) for Amateurs and Novices, and around a $30,000 cash prize for Pros" p8ntballer.com

what are your thoughts...

hugs and kisses
skirts

Automaggin2
10-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Does this mean no 10 man? Is so, thats crazy. I love 10 man more then 7 man, im sorry. If not, then thats cool.

rudy
10-29-2002, 01:40 AM
yeah does it mean no 10 man, you have to understand i think in europe there is more divisions of players accross countries and less players overall whch is why it would be difficult for them to form ten man teams therefore 7 man seemed to be more popular so they started basing it off that. I dont think the same is true of tnorth america. we should stick with 10 man i mean the real poitn of reducing numbers is to make it easier to organise and mobilise teams so why dotn they just drop it to 5 man.

damageinc54
10-29-2002, 01:46 AM
It is about time they went to seven man teams. They have been talking about it for a couple of years now. I would like to see the same thing in the CPSA

AGD
10-29-2002, 02:41 AM
Ha! Everything is going our way....

AGD

joeyjoe367
10-29-2002, 02:46 AM
Yes Tom, it's only a matter of time before you rule the world, right? :)

I think 7 is a good number. 10 man is just too big. It turns into break-findbunker-shootshootshootshoot from what i've seen in video's.

5 man seems to go too fast, and it's too small for larger fields.

besides, 7 is a lucky number :)

Creative Mayhem
10-29-2002, 06:49 AM
I like the format I think its about time. The fields are getting too big for 5 man, however, they will probably increase in size to keep the team size:field size ratio the same. It will be interesting to watch what happens with the format. Will it work/catch on? I believe so, most of the teams around here have problems creating 10 man teams, and the 7 man format will allow those teams to compete instead of hunting for players to complete a team. All and all, it looks like a good move.

C Mayhem
AKA Purple Wang

Troy
10-29-2002, 07:16 AM
I'm pumped about the change. Very good news.

Oddball
10-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Big news from NPPL president, Chuck Hendsch, who announced that he will be running his own 7-Man tournament series next season.

So will there be a seperate 7-man NPPL series and a 10-man series run by PSP? If there is 2 different series, I wonder which one will be more popular. 7-man will be good for us but poop, I never got to play 10-man.

rudy
10-29-2002, 02:53 PM
actually, i didnt know so many people here are so in favor of 7 man why? most major sports play 9 - 12 players. if 10 man is just break find a bunker and shoot shoot shoot dont blame it on the team size cause it could easily be fixed in field design. i realise 7 man is easier to form as 5 man will be easier then 7 and 3 easier then 5 but that doesnt really make it better. I liked 10 man for pros cause losing 1 or 2 players you could still play ball , the lower you make the team size the more scared and defensive top teams will get against teams of close skill level because it will be more important not to lose players.