PDA

View Full Version : Over-Active Emag Blow off valve. Whats wrong?

JEDI
10-29-2002, 11:01 AM
Heres the set up. Standard Emag w/level 10, 68,4500 flatline, usual input around 800-900 psi. Every time I gas up my Emag the blow off valve kicks in and I have to quickly turn flatline back off. I lower the reg (velocity) on the emag way down, then gas it up. Obviously it wont fire now but it gases up properly.

I then crono gun with reg back up to normal, and the gun works fine for the duration of play. Every thing else about the gun works fine. I just had it serviced and cleaned actually. The only thing I can think of is the input gauge on the flatline sucks, and my input is not really what I think it is. I'd like to look in other directions first though, cause this may not be the case. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Smokee_2_7
10-29-2002, 01:30 PM
heres a suggestion for you.

Perhaps its the flatline, not the emag. Could it be possible that the flatline is sending a burst of air over what the gauge says when you first turn it on? and then, after you've backed off your velocity, run some air through it, and re-adjusted the output gets more consistent? I think so.

I would suggest trying a different air system on the gun, to see if the problem persists. I have a feeling that it won't.

Let us know,

Carl

JEDI
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I'm leaning towards a problem with the tank also. I think the gauge has crapped out. I gonna replace it, and also try the alternate air source idea. I'll get back to you guys. Keep the ideas coming. I'll try anything:D

Smokee_2_7
10-29-2002, 02:08 PM
a crapped out gauge wouldnt cause the problem your describing. If you can eventually get everything to shoot right without messing with the adjustment on the flatline, it shows that whatever setting you have it at will work once things 'settle in'. Go ahead and replace it, but im willing to bet that the problem will still be the same. Let us know about the alternate air source. Good luck!

Carl

JEDI
10-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Duh! Thats totally true. I dont know what I was thinking. It ends up working with out touching the flatline reg regardless of the input on the gauge. On to the different air source. Maybe a preset screw in would work. Back to the drawing board

banzaimf
10-29-2002, 07:05 PM
could be a regulator piston acting really funky, ie, just at the very end of not working at all.

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=136&CATID=6