PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it bug you when someone buys your gun then complains?

hostage
10-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Want yalls opinion,
Okay I sold a guy one of my mags on ebay, he did buy it now, I had a pic of the mag on there and I posted I would throw in a free barrel if bidding went over 225. So he did "buy it now" and he asked me if I could sell him any upgrades I threw in some mag parts for free and I said I would upgrade the "free barrel" to a pretty much new stainless for 25 dollars ( I wrote 2 emails elaborating what upgrade means: ie replacing the barrel I was going to throw in for free and giving him a stainless instead).

He sends me an email when he got the marker and starts complaining on how he had to spend a 100 bucks to buy some matching parts, since he had some issues on how it looked. Also, he complaied that it had some scratches, even though he had seen it since I had a picture of it on ebay! Then he says he wants to give me negative feedback if I don't send him cash or an extra barrel. This really made me upset, I posted pictures, wrote cleary to CMA, I don't know what is this guy's issue. I don't know if he read his emails clearly or if he is colored blind. But still.

Here is the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1869679498&rd=1 I uploaded this one and ebay shrinks the image
Here is the original. http://www.rit.edu/~dji1133/pics/DCP_0343.JPG

LMK if I should give this guy leyway or not?
-Hostage

warpfeedmod
10-29-2002, 12:20 PM
do you have copies of the emails you sent him regarding "upgrading" the barrell and whatnot? I would say his loss if he can't read. Tell him you'll be more then happy to refund his money if he sends you back the product :p

hostage
10-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I have copies of all the emails I sent him, though I deleted my inbox, but most of my sent emails have mostlikely everything he wrote to me too. The thing I feel semi at fault is that ebay adjusted the picture, I will never upload another pic to ebay, since it seems like ebay distorted it to make it smaller. I have high res pics that I take of everything. Also it had minor scratchs, just from normal use, no like huge ones that are noticable, I would have mentioned it if their were, I think this guy was expecting a like new gun.
-Doron

pito189
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Thats why you need to actually talk to someone in real time. i.e. the phone, or some type of messenger. Everything comes out then. It's his fault anyway for not understanding what the package was.

P.S. That is an ugly gun. Good job on selling it.:D

Shirow
10-29-2002, 02:04 PM
LOL yes it is ;p

joeyjoe367
10-29-2002, 03:18 PM
Ok, complaining to you, that he had to replace parts to make it match is just plain BS. He saw the gun, if it's fugly, that's his problem. He knew what he was buying, as far as cosmetics goes. If he wants you to shell out for it, tell him to get lost.

As far as the scratches go, unless you specify, scratches should be pretty much expected when buying a paintball marker. You run around in the dirt/rocks, and stuff happens. This guy is odveously a n00b to paintball.

I say Let 'em give you neg. feedback if you've got a decent amount of good feedback. If he DOES, return the favor, and then give a reply to his neg. feedback in your feedback page. Say something like, "He didn't like the way the gun looked even tho he saw it beforehand"

Then report it to Ebay. They can modify, and perhaps delete the feedback, but don't bank on it.

If he does shut up eventually, and doens't give feedback at all or something, I wouldn't give him more than a neutral feedback.

See if you can agree upon the neutral feedback. You shouldn't have to compromise to this guy.

joeyjoe367
10-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Oh, and you DID imply that it was used:

This mag stock MRSPs 499,

and

The gun does not come with a barrel, but if you do "buy it now" or pay over 225 then I will throw one in for free (just remind me).

hostage
10-29-2002, 03:38 PM
before I wrote this post I did write an email, here what he wrote me and what I wrote him in reply...

His responce
You owe me a free barrel or cash back... I paid 250 from ebay and you said I would get a free barrel. Not only did I pay top dollar for a pieced together mag, the gun is scratched and parts dont match...I ended up buying $100 worth of replacement parts to make the mag match and look ok. If you dont have another nice barrel, you owe me cash. If you dont send either, I will put a negative on your ebay account and tell my friends uncle not to buy from you.

my responce to that email
READ YOUR EMAILS!

Quote "
The Taso, is 12" i am pretty sure. Well I said I would upgrade you for 25. I was taking about uprading the free one to a better barrel if you give me 25, the barrel is basicly new. If you want I can throw in a few couple of parts, ie bumpers and some a couple of orings.
-Doron
" (this was an email I sent to you, I told you once, then I elaborated)

The TASO barrel is pretty much new (I used it for one day of paintball and I would model it on my guns, since it was such a nice looking barrel.) I see them going for 35 USED, that is why I gave it to you for 25, for upgrading you stock barrel to a better one. The picture was exactly what you got, except that DYE Stainless, which I said was not included. However, I feel bad that you are disspleased and I like happy customers, I am willing to send you another barrel, if it will make you happy. Please let me know if this will help.

hostage
10-29-2002, 03:41 PM
the sad thing is i gave him some extra mag parts for free and he acts like a jerk WTF?
-Hostage

Shirow
10-29-2002, 04:01 PM
This is why I don't use Ebay, too much damn hassle.

Paintchucker
10-29-2002, 04:31 PM
Some people no matter what you do are never happy... By looking at it, it should have been obvious that it is a well used gun. Maybe he thought it was never used and stored in a show case. I wouldn't worry about it. If he gives you bad feedback, Ebay will let you add a rebutal...

Bulldog
10-29-2002, 04:49 PM
The buyer does sound a little unreasonable. I would try what warpfeedmod said.

Next time though,supersize your pictures so they're not so small. It's pretty cheap.

Also, if the gun is used, say so, in plain english. Don't hem or haw, or leave it out. "You are bidding on a used Automag, in good condition, it has the following upgrades, it has a few scatches on the body or whatever." Don't give the buyer any room to manuever. And don't promise to throw stuff in for free. Just sell it for market value. Then you avoid the "You said you'd give me so and so, but this isn't what you promised" arguement.

Ebay is full of people trying to get a deal, and alot of them are cheap and unreasonable. As I said before, give them as little room to manuever as possible. :)

spazzed
10-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Screw this guy. He's being a prick. I say tell him where to stick it.

Timmee
10-30-2002, 03:46 AM
That's why my auctions state, "This item does work as promised, but since it's used, it's being sold as it", or something to that effect.

luke
10-30-2002, 07:57 AM
He sends me an email when he got the marker and starts complaining on how he had to spend a 100 bucks to buy some matching parts, since he had some issues on how it looked.

I think you should walk away from it. It's his problem he didn't look at the pictures closer, the pictures are clear enough to see the different shades of green. As for a few scratches, it is used, so some scratches should be expected. You never said it was in perfect condition and none of your comments were miss leading.