PDA

View Full Version : Comics

ShooterJM
10-29-2002, 11:58 AM
Hey does anyone collect comics? Just looking to pick up some more cool ones and I need some ideas. Right now I have a ton of Punisher, The Preacher, and a bunch of #1's. Need to get another 10-15 issues to fill out the display so it looks cool.

Archangel Damien
10-29-2002, 04:09 PM
go for "The Ultimates" wicked series check it out on marvel.com

Fred
10-29-2002, 04:48 PM
I've got a few... mostly Dark Horse Star Wars stuff... but... I got one from my bro that is actually worth somethin...

GI Joe Special #1... drawn by McFarlane, apparantly worth 125$+. I tried to sell it, but the buyer backed out. there's always a couple on ebay, but pretty pricey. I'll sell mine for 85 if you're interested... :)

---Fred

ShooterJM
10-29-2002, 05:00 PM
The ultimates eh? I'll check em out.

Fred - Wasn't really looking to buy any, just ideas. However, if it's a #1 and signed then we may have to talk. I've been able to get all my #1's signed and I kinda want to keep the theme. :D

magking1971
10-29-2002, 09:16 PM
I have TONS o' comics!! (2000+)
I have a signed Witchblade #1 and a bunch of others somewhere...

Brak
10-30-2002, 06:47 PM
i have some lesser known comics. the first 4 nightbldade, personally signed wildstar, and the first 11 (1/2-10) PITT's, the first judge dredd, limited edition x-men (when wolverine looses the crap in his bones, with the holographic card), and a hell of a lot of random comics i thought looked cool

i AM selling them, you know...

Panzerr
10-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Dude, I used to collect comics over a decade ago. When all the good artists left Marvel and started image, the industry started to go down hill (IMO). I stopped shortly thereafter. Tried picking it back up again when i was in high school, but that died when valient and man'o'war died. I love punisher, spiderman and wolverine.

ShooterJM
10-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Brak
i have some lesser known comics. the first 4 nightbldade, personally signed wildstar, and the first 11 (1/2-10) PITT's, the first judge dredd, limited edition x-men (when wolverine looses the crap in his bones, with the holographic card), and a hell of a lot of random comics i thought looked cool

i AM selling them, you know...

Pitt is sweet! I just picked up 1-6 of The Maxx yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Image comics as a whole. I'm trying to find #129 of spiderman (first appearence of punisher) for a decent price. I was able to find the second appearance (134 or 135) for like 5 bucks, but not the first.

Sombody told be to check out Aria or something. Youngblood seems ok too.

Brak
10-31-2002, 03:40 PM
finally someone who knows who PITT is! Maxx is okay, but not as cool as pitt. i saw some youngblood too, and it looks like a pretty cool comic. still nobody knows who wildstar is? i think the same guy who did him also illustrated young superman or something like that.

ShooterJM
11-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Nope can't say as I've heard of wildstar. Any good?

vf-xx
11-01-2002, 09:44 AM
I'm liking alot of Dream Wave's stuff. They (fairly recently) split off of image. Currently my favorites are their Transformers series (GO pick up TF: the War Within, NOW!), but they have other interesting stuff. Generally it seems like the DW stuff is a little more mature than some of the other comics. Lots of blood and guts and flying body parts. Most is anime ish, but not all.

Other than that, Batman has some interesting stuff going on right now. There's a short series called Batman: Families that just started this week.

yeahthatsme
11-01-2002, 11:15 AM
i have the red blue and green special 30th anniversary edition spider man comics. also i have the first issue of cable.30th aniversary issure of the infinity crusade. and the 30th anniversary hulk. and a first issue turok. and thats my collection. do i have anything worth anything?

Darkling
11-01-2002, 01:25 PM
My personal favorite right know has gotta be all of Jhonen's stuff. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is by far his best stuff, IMO. Squee is great too.

I used to like alot of Marvel UK stuff. I have most of the Deaths Head II comics. Dont know if any of my comica are worth anything though. Anyone know of any good sites/price guides to check out?

joeyjoe367
11-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Anyone heard of a Comic called "Psyco Joe + Moo Frog?"

Funniest Comic I've seen in a long time :)

Fred
11-01-2002, 05:15 PM
thinking back...

I've got War Machine #1, silver foil cover... I have most of the other issues between 1 and 16 I think.

My bro has Cable #1, and a BUNCH of old punisher comics. He's got a lot of the Aliens Vs. Predator issues too.

My GI JOE special #1 is in great shape, but isn't signed.
It IS, from my understanding, the last GIJoe that McFarlane did... hehe the story is awesome! it features the death of Cobra Commander.

My bro and I have a few other things... i have some of the X-men series "Age of Apocalyse", which was a side storyline similar to "WHAT IF?" Professor X was murdered in the past? its pretty wild...

I still love my Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comics the best though.

---Fred

Brak
11-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Wildstar is great. but its lesser known because im pretty sure there were only 4 issues, but its a great comic if you can find any