PDA

View Full Version : What VAs are interchangable with what guns?

TastePAINt88
10-30-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, Could I stick a Mags VA onto my Sheridan XTS? Or what about sticking a 15* cocker VA onto my Mags bodyrail? Someone tell me what VAs can be echanged between what guns.
Thanks in advance

cougar20th
10-31-2002, 11:53 AM
http://spyderea.net/forum/uploads/cougar20th/mag15deg.jpg

cocker doesnt fit, shocker doesnt fit. but angels fit if you either cut off the locating tab or drill the rail for the tab. i cut it off because i didnt want to drill into the pump kit. i also put the gas thru there. it will never have gas in it because there is no way to seal it or a out for it so its just a foregrip.

at least that was my finding. theres a screw in the rail like you would have for the mag asa. and a nut inside the asa to hold it all together.

TastePAINt88
10-31-2002, 07:38 PM
So if I bought an Angels ASA from This place (http://www.zenitram-mfg.com) I can stick it on My Mags body rail? But it wont work like a Gas thru, so Ill need to use the gas thru as a normal foregrip and connect it straight to the valve? Oh and, how should I be paying MAXIMUM for a quick disconnect setup onto my mag if I run it straight to the valve?

BTW; Nice Mag! I always wanted to see a pump mag, and shoot one, but for me i would buy a whole nother mag, then Have a pump mag and a semi auto, it looks cool!

cougar20th
10-31-2002, 08:57 PM
a angel asa has a locating tab like in the picture below. you will either need to remove the tab or drill a hole into you rail for the locating tab. it would probably be better to drill a hole into the rail to help locate the asa. http://store6.yimg.com/I/kapp_1709_4414260

you will of course need to open up the hole in the rail if you already havent. and youll need to get a bolt and nut. the screw goes into the rail then put the nut up in the asa. the gas thru grip and asa wont seal so they cant be used for gas. they can only be used as a foregrip.

dont have a clue what quick disconnects cost.

i havent played with the mag yet. only a few test shots. just got the rail yesterday and am in the process of tuning it to my likings.

Shirow
10-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Only 4 more colors and you could have a rainbow!

cougar20th
10-31-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Shirow
Only 4 more colors and you could have a rainbow! the gun when finished will have the body polished, purple and black parts. the drop thats there now is because i didnt want to reseal the lines and its from the doner mag.

TastePAINt88
11-01-2002, 05:06 PM
Ok, but if I got one that has a gauge port, and removed the gauge, could I use the guage port as an air port to normally hook up my mag, liek teflon tape the bolt and nut so they dont let out air, do you think that would work?

personman
11-01-2002, 07:48 PM
I havent tried a vertical ASA on an XTS, but I did get my smarts parts non gas thru gadget grip to get on there. You need a double sided screw because on the mag there is a female thredding on the grip and on the XTS there is a female thredding in the body. Luckally they are the same size so its easy.

cougar20th
11-01-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TastePAINt88
Ok, but if I got one that has a gauge port, and removed the gauge, could I use the guage port as an air port to normally hook up my mag, liek teflon tape the bolt and nut so they dont let out air, do you think that would work?

i know what your saying but there are two hole on top. you would have to come up this a way to plug the small one(towards the back on the picture above) then you would have to come up with a way to seal the screw so it doesnt leak. i dont know how youd seal it. maybe some one else has sugestions for this.

TastePAINt88
11-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Hm, ill try and think of a way to get it like that.... Hm, whatif i put a bunch of locktite there? then itd be crazy to get it off. Hmmm Well, if anyone gets any ideas, let me know, thatd be sweet to get it working, or what it I used a Kapp Foregrip extender?then I could modify it to work, I dunno

cougar20th
11-06-2002, 04:33 PM
i just ran across this thread. i did not have time to read it but it may be helpfull http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44909