PDA

View Full Version : Mag Probelm maybe on/off

Badabing
10-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey I'm tryin to fix my buddies mag and I need some help. I gas it up no leaks. I shoot it and it works fine.

Now the problem is that after i shoot it 4-5 times its leaks like crazy out the barrel. I can correct it by smacking the back of the valve into the gun and it recocks.(so it sounds like)

Anywho, I need some help pretty bad cause this is weird. ANy input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Badabing

covadsucks
10-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Have you oiled the marker? It could be some very dry o-rings that are keeping the on/off stuck in an open position. Or a new PT spacer.

Nobody077
10-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Sound's like bolt stick to me. Check the valve spring and PT O-ring, if they look good try the next size larger PT spacer.

2xFast
10-31-2002, 03:21 AM
I would agree, sounds like a bolt issue, could also be a worn sear or bolt (preventing a complete recock) or a worn spring, ooooooor an improperly adjusted timing rod (should have a small gap between it and the trigger when at rest)

2xFast

Badabing
10-31-2002, 06:59 AM
Aight thanks guys Ill try some of this out.

Blazingace
10-31-2002, 06:00 PM
The valve itself is not seating in the body. The vavle is backing out and the bolt is in the same place so it leaks real bad. I was at the PB store today trying to fixe an old minimag that was doing the same thing. I don't know how to fix it. If anyone has any ideas I would like to know too. I am also getting horrible shoot down with the valve. I tried two different tanks any info would be nice thank you.

Nobody077
10-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Blazingace is the round silver shim still in that minimags rail frame where the fieldstrip screw goes through the triggerframe,rail and into the valve? If that shim is gone then the valve will move around a little. That may be the problem

Blazingace
10-31-2002, 09:13 PM
DAMN..... I didn't think of that. That might do it. It is an old Minimag that the store bought used. It was missing a bunch of parts that I replaced out of their meager supply. I didn't even think to check for a rail bushing.