PDA

View Full Version : Dye Invision Goggle?

MagMonster
10-31-2002, 01:42 AM
Would anyone who has used these gogs post, How good of ear protection do they provide (My ears always seem to take a pounding)and are they comfortable? They are the coolest looking goggles out there today.

joeyjoe367
10-31-2002, 04:09 AM
I like mine, however, I have a pretty small face. They're meant to be very low profile. Works for me tho, with my warp setup, my gun is very close to my face, and the INvisions work well.

as For ear protection, I don't see how they could be any worse than any other goggle system out there. Never actually been shot in the ears wearing these things.

I'd say Try one on at your local proshop. I love the way that these things fit me. I can strap 'em on, and Shake my head like I'm having a anurism, and 'still have 'em fitting correctly, all while being the most comfortable goggles I"ve worn in a long while.

Most importantly, TRY THEM ON and decide for yourself.

Mr Pink
10-31-2002, 05:21 AM
As Joey said, plus I have been shot (Well, Bunkered!) in the Ear, they absorbed all the impact and most of the Paint, I hardly felt it:D

Great Goggles IMHO.

dropkick1
10-31-2002, 07:00 AM
i don't agree completely, they have a nice fit to them, but the lenses were fogging up on me and they had no way to put a fan on there, also i let chris(misfit here on AO) borrow them and her said they fogged a lot too, and they pinched my nose, but they were a very nice set of goggles, i'll just stick with my proteus.

ken

boomerfoxtrot
10-31-2002, 08:07 AM
I don't like the Dye Incision. One they don't fit my face, and two they FOG easy for some reason.

The other day I was watching a tourny, and it started to drizzle. The refs were wearing the invisions, but every last one of them (5) had to go change mask because of FOG!

and this whole hype about them being the lowest profile mask, they are still bigger then the Raven Nuvis.

I personally like the proteus, and it's what I use.

Load SM5
10-31-2002, 08:24 AM
I tried one one a while back and it's a small mask. If you have a fairly small to normal head you'll probably be fine. My head is on the biggish side and that left my chin and some of my ears hanging out from under the armor. The mask also sat on the tip of my nose in a really irritating way.

If you have a larger sized head I'd look at a V-Force Morph.

gatorchris
10-31-2002, 10:05 AM
They had a bad run of stock lenses that fogged, I replaced it with a yellow/smoke fade and the problem went away for me, a teammate that uses one had the same problem and fixed it the same way. If you have a large cranium your ears may come out of the edge a bit, they are really built for normal to small size heads. After changing the stock lense Ive been really pleased with it.

10-31-2002, 01:07 PM
I like mine but if i open my mouth my chin is exposed. The fit is extremely nice though.

TNS2k2
10-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Okay i am wearing my invisions at school right now, yes it is halloween and i am dressed as a paintball guy. How original:p well i can tell you right now that my ears are covered and they are the exact size as my face/head. i dont have an enormous head nor is it tiny but you should try a pair and also try a pair of Proteus's those are fine too. meant more for fatter heads. :D

Peace,
TNS2k2

covadsucks
10-31-2002, 02:04 PM
My friend has them and in the sun, hot day in Nor Cal they fogged immediately. He had to switch back to his old JT Spectras. He also swapped the lenses out and they still fogged up bad.

Shirow
10-31-2002, 03:02 PM
Mine work OK, but yeah they do fog a little. A lot of people say the new lenses stop that, but I'm waiting on Tunaman so I can replace them :) They fit really nicely and they're small though.

yeahthatsme
10-31-2002, 04:51 PM
if you get shot in the mouth area you get all the paint....

also if you have a big head you might not like them. i love the fit but prefer the proteus.

Mango
10-31-2002, 05:21 PM
mine get this layer of fog on the inside of the lense, and the neck protection is lacking a bit, but otherwise I like my Flex 7's better. Just my opinion.

magman007
10-31-2002, 05:28 PM
i dont think the flex 7's will fully phase out ever... they cant seem to be beaten! I still love mine, and most pros seem to like em more also!

We all know what the pros use is what robbie newbie wants

MagMonster
10-31-2002, 05:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses. Im going to go with proteus. I dont think they look quite as good but i have a fat head so it sounds like there the better option.

Load SM5
10-31-2002, 06:11 PM
Get a morph!!! My 2 cents, yet again.