PDA

View Full Version : BlackVCG, more flatline problems

Smokee_2_7
10-31-2002, 11:07 AM
ok, Im sure you remember my drama with my flatlines. well, it continues. here's the link to the old thread, just in case http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52373

First off, let me go ahead and state that I do use fill nipple covers religiously.

Here's the current probs:

I sold off one of my flatlines. less than a week later, the guy comes back in, and the tank is acting weird. Now, the output pressure varies. ALOT. When the tank was full at 3k, i set the output pressure to about 950. As you shoot through a whole tank, the output pressure decreases in a direct realtion to the tank pressure. By the time you get down to about 1100psi in the tank, the output pressure is only 600. What this means is that if you set the gun at about 280fps with a full tank, you're shooting about 160 or so by the time you get to 1100psi. Obviously, this is not acceptable. Even though the tank now 'officially' belongs to him, I am still set on taking care of the problem for him. Right now im pondering the idea of a bad reg. piston. Could that be causing the problems?

Im sure that he's been using a fill nipple cover too. . .i sold the tank with one of those that has the little coil lanyard so its attached to the tank, and you cant help but use it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Carl

Smokee_2_7
11-04-2002, 06:42 PM
*up*

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

BlackVCG
11-05-2002, 11:39 PM
Replace the reg. seat. If you're not using a AGD o-ring in there, that might be the problem, or it's just accumulated dirt. Take out the piston, clean it off and clean out the inside housing of the reg. body with a q-tip and alcohol. Make sure you oil the components and put it back together. Also, make sure you fully tighten the reg body by sticking an allen wrench in one of the four holes around the reg. body and lightly torquing on it.

Also, it does have a "silver" spring pack in it, right? If it has an all black Mag spring pack, that can affect the consistancy of the output.

Smokee_2_7
11-06-2002, 02:35 PM
reg. seat has already been replaced, as well as all other seals with brand new AGD o-rings. Completely cleaned and re-built everything(q-tip and alcohol process throughout the entire system) about a week ago. the tank has been filled less than 10 times since then. Fill nipple cover is alwyas in place unless actually filling the tank. - -- - So I wouldn't think accumulated dirt would be a problem.

reg body is fully tightned by the process you described.

I will check the spring pack again. I couldnt' really comprehend there being a regular mag spring pak in there. . . . I would feel fairly certain that if there had been, the AGD techs would have at least noticed that when the tank was there for repair less than a month ago. Then again. . my tank still dosen't work, and it WAS filthy when it came back from AGD- - - so I'll be sure to check it.

What would be the symptoms from a bad reg. piston?

Finally, I asked Jon the other day what could be causing the drop in output pressure as the tank pressure drops. He's really not sure. Actually, the initial response was "that's not possible". I dunno if it's possible or not, but it's hapening.

It's looking like this will be trip #2 for this tank to AGD. Hope it actually gets fixed this time.

Carl

Mr.Orange
11-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Hello all!

I have been following your threads Smokee_27, about your Flatlines, because I have similar problems with my Flatline as well.

I would like to say thank you to BlackVCG for all his info on this, as it has been very helpful to me, expecially this latest post.

I have a Black Spring Pack in my Flatline, not a Silver one. The Black rings are smaller in diameter then the large washer the fits up against the regulator piston. I will be replacing it soon as I can, I hope this solves it for me. There are so few moving parts in the Flatline, I basically believe that this HAS to be all my problems!

Before everyone asks, I purchased it used, so I did not switch the spring pack, and I do not blame AGD for my problem.

Thanks all for your time,

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy

Smokee_2_7
11-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Ah ha!
So you're spring pack was wrong. . .
Hmmmm. .. This definitly has me wondering about mine. Unfortunately, I was not able to crack mine open today. Will do first thing tomorrow when I get to the shop. I will definitly post here and let you guys know what I find.

Carl

BlackVCG
11-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Your spring pack should look exactly like this. The end shown in the picture should point AWAY from the back of the piston.

Mr.Orange
11-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Hello BlackVCG!

Mine does not look like that, so I will be ordering a new one. Thanks for the photo!

Mr.Orange
Team Reservoir Dogs
Naples, Italy