PDA

View Full Version : Electro -Eclipse/ Orracle cocker

JEDI
10-31-2002, 03:26 PM
http://web3.uniteu.net/dropzone/assets/images/orraclee.gif
Has any one else seen this? Dropzone paintball Emailed it to me. I knew Budd was working on this, but I didnt know it would be the Orracle. I think it was at the World Cup, but I never set my eyes on it.

Automaggin2
10-31-2002, 03:38 PM
1399! THATS A RIP! You can buy a Orracle for 850 then buy the eFrame for like 350. HA! :rolleyes:

magman007
10-31-2002, 03:39 PM
that looks really nice, but i think eclipse droped the ball not offereing aftermarket grips for them... unless you can screw dye angel stickies on

darklord
10-31-2002, 03:43 PM
can anyone say... e-mag rip off? Come on, a magnetic trigger? Doesn't AGD have a patent on that or something? Looks like the extreme's gonna have some competition...

FutureMagOwner
10-31-2002, 03:52 PM
errr magno triggers are on alot of impulses and such so i doubt tom has a patent on it. thats just the new eclips eblade frame and an oracle(like someone said you can buy the e frame for about 400ish and the gun for 800 or so)

magman007
10-31-2002, 04:09 PM
the magnetic trigger is just a magnetic return.... no hall effect switch involved

JEDI
10-31-2002, 04:13 PM
You guys are great with math. Orracle $800ish + Egrip $400ish. Thats $1200ish. Why not spend another $100ish and get it installed/timed. Plus cocker with Egrip does not have an Anti Chop eye. This one does (worth the $100). I'm not saying you need an eye, but $1300 is not really a rip. I'm not running out and getting one, but its right up there price wise with any good electro. You can't rationalize that you'd pay $2000 for a non-existant Extreme, but $1300 is a rip for a PHAT cocker. I'm not flaming any one, so please don't bring that here. I thought it was a pretty realistic package.

Spaceman613
10-31-2002, 04:22 PM
A free $5 t-shirt when I spend $1400!!! REALLY AND FOR TRUE.

Lets build a pump gun... then slaps some parts on it to make a semi (double action technically).... THEN slap some different parts on it to make an electro.

I like cockers, but this is just getting ridiculious. i fi ever buy another elctro (which I doubt), I'll by a marker that was designed to be electro, or at least desinged to be semi.

QUESTION: If the lcd is in the back of the frame, how can you see it "without taking your eyes off the game"

Seems like the only marker with that feature was the b2k2.

TRIAD
10-31-2002, 04:58 PM
Interesting use of the term Heads-Up Display (HUD) :rolleyes:

A TRUE HUD displays limited vital information, and is a supplement to another, more in-depth, gauge/screen system. Also, it is meant so that you look through the HUD, where the action is, not that you have to shift your vision.

magman007
10-31-2002, 05:25 PM
they come with aces.. they sell them with the aces.. that isnt any thing special.. all they did was drill the hole for you

pito189
10-31-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by magman007
they come with aces.. they sell them with the aces.. that isnt any thing special.. all they did was drill the hole for you

The average person is not going to have the money and/or expertise to install the whole kit, drill a hole in the main body, time an electronic cocker, and have it work.

Hence the $1400 price tag

Drilling a whole anywhere in your gun is quite special. I like to think anyways.

magman007
10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
oh i know, i meant jedi was reponding and saying that they came with ace, and that all the others didnt, the eclipse kits all come with ace

as for timing and stuff, eclipse makes it out to be easy on their site... just thought id say that

PolishSausage
10-31-2002, 09:34 PM
If I had $1400 to blow I'd pick one up. Until then I'll stick with my work in progress.

-Tyler

JEDI
10-31-2002, 09:53 PM
You guys all have valid points, sort of. But lets be realistic here. We all know this is a sick gun. A top notch cocker with an eclipse 'lectro trigger. What other really nice electric gun can you get for under $1000. But wait, how many countless classic mags have I seen with hyper frames on them? You wanna talk about a waste of money. And if any one tries to tell me a cocker isn't meant to be a semi I've got a few b.p.s. for your chin.

Spaceman613
10-31-2002, 10:14 PM
Where did I EVER say it wasnt meant to be a semi? It WAS designed to be a pump, then GP made Camille, and WGP produced the cocker. i simly find it funny that its progressed so far from a PUMP.

And if you think I dont like cockers, why do I have 3 or 4 thousand (at least) in cockers?

as for nice electros for under a grand? shockers, imps, bushmaster2k, matrixes, angels, vikings, and a couple others. Viking would be my choice out of all of them (cocker threaded).

Also, Ive tried centerflags, sandridges, and most of the others, I DO want to try the Eclipse, BUT 1400??? come on, you can get a nice cocker now for $500 (system x comes to mind)and add the eframe... under 1k Just dont have the swoopy milling that gets all the eliminations:D

Also, for $1400, give a lil more than a t-shirt. T-shirts cost less that $5 to make, heck, give a cheap gun bag (Shocktech used to give bags).

Am I peeing in your cheerios? prolly, but with the state of the economy, Theres gonna have to be a LOT of good stuff to get me to drop $1400 on a marker, not even the extreme emag will get me to do that right now.

Paintball is FUN afterall

JEDI
11-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Ok, let me ask you guys this. How much do you think this gun should cost, or how much would you pay? I'd like to see it for less than $1400 myself, but I don't think its that far off compared to other electros of its caliber.

ntn4502
11-01-2002, 10:48 AM
*tries to sing like a rapper, dont mind me* gotta a quater charge left... on my new e-class:p :p

Spaceman613
11-01-2002, 11:09 AM
But they are ALL the same Caliber.... .68 Sorry I had to :)

Ok, you are correct, it is in line with othe rnew marker prices in the "damn expensive class" Excal, ir3, e-cocker, x-mag and others.

Heres my problem. I feel they are ALL too expensive! They dont provide ME with an advatage over a $500-700 dollar electro.

And again, if I pay $1400 for a new marker (retail), dont make a big deal over a t-shirt. Heck, if they want make a deal of it, give a free jersey, gun bag, or any other useful item, how but a beavertail? It isnt required anymore as I see it, but it does help the kids who like to hold thier guns too close to thier face.

Thordic
11-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Spaceman613

QUESTION: If the lcd is in the back of the frame, how can you see it "without taking your eyes off the game"

The way most people hold the marker, the back of your grip would be perfectly visible as that hand is not holding the grip frame, but simply pulling the trigger. Your thumb may be there, but it will be above the screen.

Most players support their gun at two points, the foregrip area, and the butt of the tank against their shoulder. Some weight rests on the thumb, but rarely do I see people "gripping" the grip frame in a manner that would block the back of it.

pito189
11-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ntn4502
*tries to sing like a rapper, dont mind me* gotta a quater charge left... on my new e-class:p :p

HAHAHAHAHA, LOL, thats great. I think I will listen to that right now.:D

Spaceman613
11-01-2002, 11:55 AM
I understand that Thordic, but hold your gun... Now look at the back of the grip frame. m I the only one that has to take thier eyes off what they are shooting at? I have to look down towards the grip frame, therefore taking my eyes off of the game.

Granted, its not as out of the way as the lcd on the angel, but with guns getting closer to the shooter, the back of the grip frame still isnt the most convenient. BUT with the back block flailing away, there isnt a better place to put it.

JEDI
11-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Spaceman, I have to agree with you, then disagree with you. To say the cocker is a rip off (you didnt) is like saying the world of paintball is a rip off.(which it is) But, I think most guns are overpriced. $1400 isnt out of reach however.

Now to disagree with you. I can think of a couple times when you're forced to take your eyes off the game. There's really no where on a gun that an LCD can be placed that doesn't cause you to at least glance away. The back of the grip is one of the better places in fact.(you shouldn't have to look down. If your shooting, its in front of you.) But lets be realistic. I don't really care what my gun has to tell me. Do you really think any one with an IR3 sits behind his bunker, and scrolls through the LCD.

I dont care how "In yer face" the B2K2 is. If theres something the gun can tell you that you didnt already know, you're not in the game to begin with. Its more for an off the feild use. The Emag is perfect for this reason. Sure it would be nice to have a gun that boots up and says "Adam your such a stud", but an entire LCD is not neccesary.

Spaceman613
11-01-2002, 01:55 PM
You want your gun to LIE to you? LOL

I do agree on the lcd screens, I just digagree with the ad statement. I have no need for it. I know how much i shot (approx), I have a timer. If fact, my timer is in the best position for me. (see image at bottom of the message).

I still think the viking is what Im looking for in an electro (if I buy another). It has an on and off switch, no goofy buttons or screens. and it shoots when i pull the trigger. Easy as Pi!

Ok, for the Orricle. I dont like the milling, but thats personal, so to each his own. I dont like the pneus, again personal. Basically, everything I DONT like about the gun is a personal preference. Will they sell these guns. YES! and that will make the cocker market drop even more. I can get a nice used freeflow or another nice brand for a nice low price. Heck, Im working on a deal for a Shocktech with inline reg for $300. thats not bad

now notice where my timer is, for ME this is heads up, and doesnt keep me from looking away from my target, of course, maybe i just hold my gun completely different from everyone else.
http://www.spaceman613.net/paintball/trinity/trinity10.jpg