PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed Left Or Right?

been bunkered
10-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Would someone please explain P/f left and right to me. I'm gettin a minimag and I won't to make sure it's set up how I like it.

Load SM5
10-31-2002, 10:08 PM
Powerfeed left is when you are looking down the gun like you would if you where firing it, and the hopper is sitting on the left hand side.

Hopper right is the opposite.

Most right handers like hopper left because they lean out of the right side of the bunker and want the hopper to stay hidden.

Trunnion
10-31-2002, 10:08 PM
it depends on which hand you use to pull the trigger. i'm right handed, so i i have a hopper left feed so i can sight down that side of the gun. that's what i'm comfortable with

Mossman
11-01-2002, 12:25 AM
I'm a righty and I prefer hopper hiding of PF left, but balance of hopper right. Also, Righty's + Hopper right = GREAT for warp :)

dcmander
11-01-2002, 12:32 AM
Of course, you want the opposite if you are running a warp feed or are planning to run a warp feed. This way, you can switch the sides of the feed w/ the powerplug and hook the warp up to the lower side so the tubing doesn't have to go around to the top.

Hexis
11-01-2002, 03:44 AM
Being a righty I have always liked PF-R because it's easier to turn the PF Plug with my non shooting hand. I'm sure it also has to do with the fact that I got used to a hopper on the right side of my ProLite when I started out in semi land.