PDA

View Full Version : Powerlyte Scepter Barrel Kit.... ??

jeffremiller
11-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Anyone own one?

Anyone wanna sell one?

Blazingace
11-01-2002, 12:48 PM
More importantly, do they come in Mag Twist lock and where can I get one? Or if not do they have an Impulse threaded one? And Yes I did try Powerlyte's site. Nothing there.

jeffremiller
11-01-2002, 02:35 PM
No twist lock... already asked.

I've had a cocker threaded set on order for awhile now but can't get all the parts in stock at the same time to ship it to me.

Finally struck a deal with Carson today... getting an unanno'd 12" front, 5 sleeves and an aluminum back . Stainless cocker back will ship out when they are available.

J_

FreshmanBob
11-01-2002, 04:26 PM
I know someone who got a set as a gift and says they kick the crap out of the freak. They're more accurate, quieter and more efficent. This is because the inserts are a good inch or two longer. You can find them at any major events (IAO, WC, skyball, mardi gras probably) and try e mailing them, I'd like a set for christmas.

dansim
11-01-2002, 04:46 PM
i got a set coming from paintballistix stainless back 14 black front(cocker) i sold my freak stuff if that tells you anything

Bartman
11-01-2002, 08:39 PM
Absolutly love mine. Wouldn't trade it for anything at this point in time. Shoots bulits, and is quiet as a mouse.

I had the chance to talk to them at World cup about the barrel, and they told me mag backs are on the way, they have just geared up to make them.

Good luck finding one used, I hear they can't keep them in stock. But give em a call, maybe they can hook you up for tourney/trade show price.

I think that 175$ for the complete kit.

Bartman
Team I have no idea
www.ihni.org

Spray Painter
11-01-2002, 08:57 PM
i may have to look in to getting one of these...

FrAuStY
11-02-2002, 12:05 AM
too bad no mag rear...:(
I'm gonna pm Havoc_online in a few weeks to see how he likes his CP multibore barrel :D

Smoken
11-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Bartman,
Are you serious about them making them with mag backs? That would be awesome, but i heard that they had no plans of doing so. I ask how sure you are because this is the barrel that I would like to get for my minimag. However, since I was under the impression that these barrels were not going to be made for mags I was gonna settle for what I see as second best, the equation set. If you can find anything official about these being released for mags, I would really appreciate it. 'Cause otherwise I'm gonna buy an equation set next week.

Bartman
11-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Yep,

Toataly serious. I guess the guys at the both had been asked so much about them, that they aremakinga run of mag backs now.

He seemed to be vary forward withthe info as well about the backs being made or are being programed into the machine already.

Give them a call, or email them,i bet you willlike theresponce from them about the mag backs.

bartman
team I haev no Idea
www.ihni.org

lamby
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Dear Mike,

Right now, we do not offer the Scepter System for the Automag. If you’ll give me your name and address, I’ll add you to our mailing list, and you’ll be alerted if anything changes.

Powerlyte Sales and Service

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Lambert Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 3:08 PM
To: info@powerlyte.com
Subject: Scepter Kit for Automags?

Good morning,

I am in the market for a new barrel system for my E-Mag, and I was directed to your product of the Scepter kit. Looking at your web site I did not see any kits designed for the Automag line. Do you, or will you in the near future be offering this product? I am looking at the 5 tube system with a stainless back in 14” length. Please let me know if I should hold off, or if the Freak is my only option.

Thanks,

Mike Lambert

Team Mad Cow

jeffremiller
11-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Just got mine last night.... First impression: Very well built.

As soon as I get some air, I'll test it out.

J_

ogre55
11-06-2002, 11:02 AM
Could anyone who has the set post pics of them?

Ogre

jeffremiller
11-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Here's the pics....
The full set :
http://www.tellcity.net/scepter/fullset.jpg
The front (or tip) this is a 12" :
http://www.tellcity.net/scepter/front.jpg
The rear half (cocker threads :
http://www.tellcity.net/scepter/rear.jpg
Here are the inserts :
http://www.tellcity.net/scepter/inserts.JPG

jeffremiller
11-06-2002, 11:23 AM
I will receive my Stainless Steel rear for it today.

After I evaluate the pro's and cons ... I'll have a three insert cocker set for sale in the classified forums.

J_

Rancid Milk
11-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey, that looks pretty sweet, nice long inserts and it looks pretty nice too.
Jeff

jeffremiller
11-07-2002, 10:48 AM
My stainless back turned out to be another aluminum one.

Still have a stainless on backorder.

Also have a 3 insert cocker aluminum set for sale.

Will post later.

J_

jeffremiller
11-12-2002, 09:45 AM
Just wanted to post a follow-up:

Used the Scepter this weekend. Put about half a case through it during a scenario game.

Worked great!!!
Compared to a freak:
Very quiet,
very gas efficient.

I shot my barrel condom a couple of times due to a touchy trigger but It shot clean without a stray ball.

No other chops or breaks due to my well tuned LVL 10.

J_

dcmander
11-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Don't you guys get it? The freak sucks now.. Well... there are many, MANY barrels kits that are better.

Evil, Prolite, CP, Equation, etc. etc. etc.

Meph
11-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Yes, I plan on getting this for my Autococker, Sniper II, and any other WGP threaded markers I have. And of course, the A-5 once they start making Tippmann treaded backs.

toymyster
11-12-2002, 02:53 PM
Just about anything beats a Freak, my old school crown point did it!!! And whatever back you get, you're still stuck with Aluminum inserts which bend and scratch if you as much as sneez at them!! Look into the Equation barrel sets, one back fits all mags, double detent, and Teflon coated Stainless inserts!!! And I have not shot a better barrel on my E-mag yet!!!

dansim
11-12-2002, 04:28 PM
powerlyte scepter kit is awsome i go mine today and it is the best barrel not jus kit, i have ever used i highly recomend it to anyone looking for an aswome barrel, definetly worth the money, screw the equation this is the barrel to get;)

yeahthatsme
11-12-2002, 04:38 PM
where can i get one and do they have mag backs?

personman
11-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
where can i get one and do they have mag backs?
Umm.. did you even bother to read the thread at ALL!?!?
People named places that they ordered theirs from, and stated that you CANT BUY THEM FOR MAGS.

dansim
11-12-2002, 05:47 PM
but you can soon

MagKoko
11-12-2002, 08:34 PM
So, looking at barrel kits.. has anyone tried that new evil barrel kit? How does it shoot? Compared to a CP barrel kit or Powerlyte? Gotta check out my options before i even get my gun ;)

Trunnion
11-12-2002, 08:41 PM
i'm curious, what's the length of the inserts?

midknight
11-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Right now, there is not a Scepter System for Automags. We are planning to offer one, but it will not be until next year. This is due to the fact that we can’t keep up with the demand for our current models as well as working on our new marker The Hybrid.

Please keep us in mind, and thank you very much for your interest in our products!

Powerlyte Sales and Service

aaron_mag
11-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Hmmmmmm

Anyone have any information on this Hybrid? I'm looking for a quality marker to pawn off on my stepson so he'll quit wanting to use my mag (ever since I got Level 10 he loves the darn thing and I never get to use it:). I am sick of using his Tippmann!!!!)

Yes I could get another mag but this household isn't big enough for two mags!!!!

Anyway....the Hybrid sounds interesting.....